S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

Friday AM 2017-07-07

Moss Slate Anniversary scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest #1 (26mm/66mm)
Cussons Imperial Leather shaving soap (vintage)
DE Ink Edition Feather AS-D2/UFO Colibri
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)

An excellent shave. The Personna blade, one of a box sold under a "Hospital use" label, was sharp and extremely smooth, giving me an easy BBS shave.
zlO6MAr.jpg

Friday 7th July
Virginia Sheng Purtec
Tabac Stick
Rocnel SE-P
½ Shark Super Stainless #2
Alum Wash
Fahrenheit A/S
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
USRSGu8.jpg

Another soap stick that is really easy to apply to the face, with the nice Tabac scent quite apparent while building the lather. The Shark SS blade is one of my favourites in the Rocnel SE-P type of razor giving me a really efficient result. Making a really happy shaver this Friday.

Good Weekend all !!!

Prep: Lots of cold water
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint
Razor: ER Streamline
Blade: Gem SS
Afters: Alum block & Alcolado Glacial

My Streamline came today with a surprise of 2 Corrux blades , many thanks to @mpf9ret
I rushed into this shave thinking it was just another member of the Ever Ready family.
It's not, it's a completely different animal. It's heavier, and shaves at a less steep angle.
I've learnt a lesson, don't jump to conclusions, and a weeper on my top lip attests to this.
The Alcolado was not my friend today.IMG_20170707_161305.jpg

Friday 7th July
SOTD 7th july.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#1)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Pall Mall prototype
Bowl: Horn
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

Yesterday I shaved using a Feather FHS-10 that had done 6 shaves and today I used a new blade, difference? Not that I could tell. I will take this blade as far as I can this time until the shave deteriorates. That said I am getting a bit bored using the OneBlade Core and after 10 shaves I can safely say that this maybe the mildest razor I have ever shaved with but it does the job very well if not perfectly. It is very smooth and even excessive pressure did not give irritation. I have not had one weeper or nick despite using excessive pressure, you would need to try very hard to draw blood with this razor. Is it worth the price? As I said before probably not, but I am happy with it, if a bit bored just now and I will keep using it.

One thing I am not bored with is the Maseto brush.

Also need to mention the Phoenix and Beau Pall Mall prototype soap, I really really like the scent. I had to reload the brush after the first pass to get a bit more lather but that could be down to the small amount I put in the bowl to start with. I am looking forward to this soap going on sale.

My Streamline came today with a surprise of 2 Corrux blades , many thanks to @mpf9ret
I rushed into this shave thinking it was just another member of the Ever Ready family.
It's not, it's a completely different animal. It's heavier, and shaves at a less steep angle.
I've learnt a lesson, don't jump to conclusions, and a weeper on my top lip attests to this.
The Alcolado was not my friend today.View attachment 26706
Lovely razor, will you try the correx blades?

Yesterday:
Vegetal Soap - Lilly of the Valey
Haslinger - Sheep`s Milk Shaving Soap
The Golden Nib - 24mm Premium Silvertip
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
Feather (2)
WTG / ATG
Lucky Tiger - Aspen

One of my favourite German bands when I want it loud and fast. :D

Today:
Vegetal Soap - Lilly of the Valey
Haslinger - Sheep`s Milk Shaving Soap
Whipped Dog - 24mm Silvertip
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
Feather (3)
WTG / ATG
Lucky Tiger - Aspen

I get two sharp but very smooth shaves out of the Feather blade with the Merkur 37C. But at the third shave the blade got little work to do with my stronger stubbles on the neck and chin area. No razorburn at all but for my very sensitive skin on the neck area were the first two shaves perfect. No irriation, no blood, no aftershave burn, best razor and blade combination for my hard stubbles and very sensitive skin.

The Alcolado was not my friend today.View attachment 26706
Kevin,
Remember as it came in the Metal Case, you can refer to as a Jewel. Do not try the Corrux they
most likely have degraded.Hope you enjoy this great Razor, I still have Three.

S.O.T.D - Thursday the 6th of July
Pre ~ Face Wash / Hot Towel
Razor ~ Gillette Tech
Blade ~ Voskhod (2)
Brush ~ Omega 10065 Boar
Soap ~ RazoRock XXX
Post ~ Nivea Men Sensitive PSB

S.O.T.D - Friday the 7th of July
Pre ~ Shower / Hot Towel
Razor ~ Gillette Tech
Blade ~ Voskhod (3)
Brush ~ Omega 10065 Boar
Soap ~ RazoRock Son of Zeus
Post ~ Nivea Men Sensitive PSB
20170707_182656 (2).jpg
Been Trying some more samples the last two days which I got from shave dash first time iv used any razorock soaps they preformed great no irritation and felt good on my face :) and the scents were ok may have to get some in the future also the voskhod blade worked real good in the tech these blades always feel better the more you use them for me anyway Enjoy Your Weekend Geezers :D

Last edited:
Evening gentlemen,
What can I say? What an abomination of a shave!
Good tools to work with, but a rubbish user I guess.
Many cuts and weepers, my eyesight is not good enough unfortunately to tell if the brand new polsilver si blade had something wrong with it, I kept inspecting it but.
Fatip grande
Polsilver si #1
P+b imperial rum soap
Kent bk4 brush
Atkinson oud save the king.
IMAG0908_1.jpg

Last edited:
I
Kevin,
Remember as it came in the Metal Case, you can refer to as a Jewel. Do not try the Corrux they
most likely have degraded.Hope you enjoy this great Razor, I still have Three.
I thought Streamline UK, Jewel USA, I learn something new every day.
Once I've learned it, I know I will. I unwrapped one of the blades and it's pristine. I've had a rehoned Corrux before, top notch.

Back
Top Bottom