View attachment 26588 SOTD Monday 3rd July

Prep....Shower, lavender & olive oil soap
Razor....Ever-Ready Lightweight
Blade....Pal super carbon
Soap....Barrister and Mann Leviathan
Brush....Semouge OC Badger
Post....Thayers rose Petal - Jojoba oil
Scent....Mysteque by Al Harramain

I had to use this blade again but this time in the Ever-Ready Lightweight, I have not used this razor for quite some time basically because the head is the same as my Gem natural angle and I have not had this soap out for a while because it was hidden at the back of all my other soaps so I'm pleased I did a stock check yesterday !
Today's shave was every bit as good as yesterday's, I love this blade, it was just as sharp and so smooth, it was an absolute joy to shave with.
I applied a splash of Thayers to my incredibly smooth face and I didn't feel the need for balm I just used some Jojoba oil for a moisturiser.
The Scent is also one I have not used for a while and I don't know why because it's great, it has been a morning of rediscovery and its all been good.

Have a great Monday people........:)
Bet you're pleased you kept the Featherweight ;)

Monday 3rd July
Semogue 620
OSP Neroli
Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Lord Super Chrome #2
Rinse>Alum>Rinse
Selin Lemon Cologne
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter
WExW2qT.jpg

Last of my rotation of DE shaves continued the use of the Lord blade, this time much smoother with no errors. The Rocket was one of my 1st vintage DE's and has always given me very close, easy shaves. The Lisseáu is proving to be an excellent post shave moisturiser, plus has an excellent scent. May need a coconut scented soap to match. Opinions welcome.

Mon 3rd July
Omega 11137 boar
Vitos Red croap
Alu. Hawk + S/S Handle
Schick Proline Type P [ 8 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Flod Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Though I am not good on scents, I do like the Barber Shop smell of this simple croap. I tend to lather from the bowl and find that with a dampened brush, a great lather is easily produced. The Lather has both glide and cushion and suits this Razor really well, the little Hawk has plenty of blade feel which reminds you to take care.

A truly enjoyable Shave today, very smooth and easy also to achieve a nice close finish. Quite pleased to have got hold of one of these Razors, which for the moment seemed to have disappeared from the market place.

IMG_1371.jpg

Monday 3rd July
Semogue 620
OSP Neroli
Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Lord Super Chrome #2
Rinse>Alum>Rinse
Selin Lemon Cologne
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter
WExW2qT.jpg

Last of my rotation of DE shaves continued the use of the Lord blade, this time much smoother with no errors. The Rocket was one of my 1st vintage DE's and has always given me very close, easy shaves. The Lisseáu is proving to be an excellent post shave moisturiser, plus has an excellent scent. May need a coconut scented soap to match. Opinions welcome.

I don't know about their soap, but Trumper's Coconut shave cream is a good product and it smells lovely

Morning shave.

Lucky Tiger Face Scrub.
RazoRock Italian Barber Soap.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm synthetic.
Supply Provision Single Edge.
Personna (3).
RazoRock XXX Aftershave.

I think I may have underestimated this soap. Now that I have worked out how to get the best ouf of it, it's very good! I really like the subtle barber shop scent. Last use of the pass around Supply Provision SE. I have enjoyed the experience, and I have had 3 good shaves using it. But it's just not for me. Still missing my Witch Hazel, but I'm back home tomorrow. So I may bathe in it :)

Just another manic Monday;

IMG_4824.jpg

A busy day, coupled with a late notification about a VIP visiting work tomorrow meant today was hectic. Top that off with minding an apprentice on their first day and you have yourselves a truly busy one. That being said, I had a nice delivery earlier which included my new addition; the Merkur 37c.

I've decided this time round, for my 3-shave rotation, to go for the 37c, loaded with a fresh Feather Hi-Stainless and P&B Spitfire. I've fancied something deep and brooding, scent-wise and this ticked all the boxes. The Maseto obviously whipped up it's lather, plenty of it too with the 30mm knot set deep within. However, you all know about these Masetos by now...

The razor on its first outing did me proud. I took to my shave with an air of respect, knowing full-well the harshness of these blades on their first outing and managed a solid 2-pass shave on my neck and 3 passes to tidy up my cheeks. It was WTG/XTG on my neck and WTG/XTG/GTX on my cheeks. I am super-smooth, with no weepers, nicks or irritation. This razor is a beast once you find the angle and nothing stands in its way. Usual problem areas feel a bit coarse against the grain (next to Adam's apple) but far smoother than usual.

Great shave with this little beasty. Would love it to be produced in gunmetal/black like the gunmetal 39c I've seen recently...

Onto the next one, chaps!

S.O.T.D -
Pre - Face Wash / Hot Towel
Razor - 72 Gillette Tech Aluminium Handle
Blade - Wilkinson Sword
Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Haslinger Coconut then Musgo Real Orange Amber Cream
Post - Nivea 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion

Bit of a disaster shave today face lathered the haslinger coconut soap and it immediately started to irritate my skin itchy feeling :mad: so had to wash it of strange coss the honey one I tried the other day was fine , I also thought it would be a good idea to try a wilkinson sword blade in the tech i dont get on with these blades in Edwin jagger or merkur razors same with the tech aswell now , anyway I sort of managed to salvage the shave with a sample of musgo real orange amber shaving cream which is great stuff smells lovely Happy Shaving everyone :D everybody has a bad shave now and then :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom