S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

Fresh Rockwell/Israeli Personna felt awful in the R41, really tuggy. I gave it one pass and swapped it into the Mastiff-Jaws head where it felt better (but not great). Not really a fan of these blades. Job done anyway.
7fc772610feb7c1cfd7a1cab4bdd95ab.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

35674229216_2332f4b776.jpg

SOTD

Mitchells Wool Fat
Simpson Classic 1
Ever-Ready 1912
GEM Stainless
Geo. F. Trumper Coral Skin Food
Yardley English Lavender

My shaves are pretty repetitive at the moment, always like that when you clear out the den leaving only favourite products. Still an enjoyable ritual though, just wish I had more time to use my straights.

For the Month with the NEW, Walter got the call this morning and did an admirable job leaving me AGAIG. Of course he had some great helpers with the Omega whipping up some great Fat lather, and the Sputnik shearing through whiskers with ease.
Walter got his name from the name engraved on the leather zippered travel case, "Walter Rosenberg". This is the razor that opened the rabbit hole for my RAD. It was my first vintage razor and was never used when I recieved it from Di Jones in a PIF. The cardboard insert was between the head and the base plate, and two new Gillette blues waiting to be used. The gold plating is also immaculate, and it shines brings brightly. Thank you again Di.
I also gave the shavette another go for the first pass with a weeper on the chin. No irritation so my touch is getting better with the shavette. Have a great 4th of July to all who live in the USA. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
e85cd53f16b62490015f305e7b85c476.jpg
e76391df7fccfcd5bd83676f7e04affb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Tues 4th July
RazoRock Syn.24mm
MWF
Supply Single Edge-plate 3
Schick Proline Type B AC blade- [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S lotion.

Like a few others I have in the past almost written the Single Edge off as a Razor. However, things improved when I got the Shaving angle right,not at all like a conventional Injector. Even then the quality of the finished shave was variable, and certainly not top quality.

That has changed now that I have started to use the Injector sized AC blade in it. There is a nice degree of blade feel, and I now getting smooth good quality Shaves, though have not yet got the upper lip quite right.

IMG_1372.jpg

Last edited:
Pre: The Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep+
Soap: Wickham 1912 Buddha Wood
Razor: Parker Variant
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
Brush: Seillean GR24
A/S: Myrsol Plastic
Balm: Wickham 1912 Buddha Wood

Decided to have my own little celebration today so used everything in this shave (that's) available to buy from The Gentleman's Groom Room here in Dundee. All top performers but the Buddha Wood soap and balm were the stars of the party. The scent is complex and smells like nothing else (that's) out there, I like it… a lot!! The Wickham balm is another winner for me, smells exactly like the soap, with possibly a bit more punch. I don't think my face has felt this good for a while. Kevy is happy :) @Ian T @Fox

IMG_4944.JPG

Back
Top Bottom