Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock Avalon Pre-shave oil
Soap: NSS Down Home Summer
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: NF 2213
Razor: ATT R2 Kronos
Blade: Gillette Rubie PP (3)
After: Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS, Murdock Avalon ASB

Mountains of lather generated but I overcompensated by adding too much water so the lather was a little thin. Still performed well but not as slick; although BBS result.

This blade is probably the best I've used so far! Pity it's on the expensive side (about three times the price of unuta77's other Russian blades on eBay). I'll need to try out his other Russians from my sample pack before deciding.

SOTD20140511_zpsedc7d444.jpg

Razor Erusta 96 Boehlersteel full hollow 13/16
Strop Kanayama cordovan #8000
Brush Simpsons P8
Soap GFT Sandalwood
Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Scent L'Occitane Ambre & Santal edt.​

KOS Shave Oil
KOS Hyperglide Razor
KOS ASB
Still a great shave with this razor now into its 12th day.
No irritation and super smooth. I am very impressed.
I must soon have to change the cartridge I would think.

Prep: Sauna
Brush: Rod Neep custom Pensoftheforest
Razor: Koraat
Soap: Jabonman Citrocus
AS: Myrsol Limon
Result: Very clean :D

Need to get the edge better, I did reset the bevel and was happy with that, but I think I need to go back to the sharpening part. Lovely Desert Ironwood setup with this one - My tamper (who I use daily) and brush is made of the same piece of wood (cheers Rod and Richard!) and this new razor has the same type of wood in it's scales :D

Sunday, May 11th, 2014

Sunday, May 11th, 2014

165791d1399815155-sun-may-11th-sat-may-17th-sotd-11052014.jpg

Mastro Livi Kamisori

• Pre-shave: Proraso Green Pre-Shave Cream
  • Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Almond Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush 49
  • Bowl: Chinese Cheap Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Kamisori, 13/16 French Point, Hakapella Damasteel, Abalone Handle
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine After Shave

After the usual 1- minute hot towel prep:

vintage 1964 Macys badger
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
J. Peterman 1903 SC
Myrsol Emulsion
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

Got the 1903 outta the arsenal today. Really nice cream that's been in the rotation for maybe 5 years.

Started out with the Webly/Filomatic, but knew right away there would be no 4th shave. Three good ones and it was finito for the Filo. So, went right to the F type already loaded with a favorite blade and had an excellent shave. Nice having a few options, just in case.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday 05-11-14. MUSIC: Lucio Battisti - Il Mio Canto Libero (1972).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k__AEvPcvOM[/video]

df28221a-b446-42a1-8a0b-e11369d1952b_zpscb3a2e22.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Veleiro - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB JASÖN - ASL Aqua Velva Musk.

[attachment=10484]
Not the most inspiring picture, especially compared to the ones above. I'm camped in the downstairs loo while the new bathroom goes in, so the removal of about five days growth today.

Hot flannel
Erasmic soap face lathered with Chubby 2 in best (not used in a while, glad I got it out)
2 pass bliss, with no nicks or cuts with Feather artist with a pro-guard blade (about 6 shave old)
A wipe with a warm towel to loose the soap then a dab with Alum before my cool towel. Then some Nivea sensitive balm.

Probably need three passes for BBS (jawline is the rough bit) but feels fab as is :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 18
Cold water splash
Czech & Speake O&C shaving soap
Vulfix Grosvenor reknotted w/ TGN 2-band badger
ATT M1 / Bulldog handle
Gillette Super Thin (3)
Weleda ASB
Lalique Hommage a l'Homme EdT

Bic 1 Sensitive
Nivea Sensitive gel
Boots No7 balm

Cleared nearly 4 days of growth this morning with BBS results - in the space of 2 minutes in a kitchen sink... using a disposable.

I'm now at Telford services, driving home from a weekend building fences and rebuilding dry stone walls. Shattered.

Prep- Hot Towel
Soap- Mdc with added homemade menthol/ glycerine
Brush- SOC
Razor- Muhle R89
Blade- Rapira ss [1] donated by Dave Q
Post- Proraso Crema

Wow this soap/menthol combo is menthol heaven/hell, makes Proraso look like it is for girls!
cool0038.gif
the blade was sharp but a little rough, finished off with more menthol:icon_razz:

Saturday:

The Gillette Silver blue felt a little rough on both the first (Friday) and second use (Saturday).

Sunday:

Voshkod felt so much better, far smoother.

First two days use of Catie's Bubble shaving cream (french style), wow you could lather this stuff with a lump of wood. The D3 produced a mountain of the stuff, very slick and great smelling too.

Finished off both days with Kramperts Arcadian Bay Rum. I have about 10mm left in the bottle so I'll be giving it to my dad to see if he likes it. If he does that that'll be Father's day sorted!

Dipesh said:

This brush is magic.

It's also very pretty. Nice one Dipesh.

Back
Top Bottom