Greetings

Thursday 10th October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Nivea sensitive Balm

A really superb shave with my favourite razor and soap.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04733.JPG

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: MWF + Bergamot EO
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Weber Polished + Bulldog
Blade: Polsilver SS (3)
After: Superdrug Forest Fresh AS, Coral Skin Food

I'm now ranking my Weber razor in top position drawn with my Progress, it's just a lovely piece of kit, no issues with it and can be relied on to give irritation free BBS, which happened today.
Lather was a little disappointingly thin, but it still did the job well and conditions the skin nicely, only needing a touch of Skin Food to face the day. Thin, I'm not sure why, I loaded the brush enough. Maybe the boar soaked up too much soap (once again I'm thinking I should have used my synthetic) or maybe the soap has dried up in the tub.

Anyway, great result and have a nice day everyone.

SOTD20131010_zpsc7557b6c.jpg

Thursday

Arko
NF Tubby 2
Ikon Slant/Weber Bulldog
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

A lovely quick shave, smooth and comfortable. I'm really liking the slant, it seems to need a bit of jiggery-pokery to get the blade alighned correctly which is a shame, but I can live with it.

Wednesday evening

Prep : clinique face soap
Razor : Ikon Deluxe OC
Blade : Bolzano
Brush : Kent BLK12
Soap : Proraso Green tub
Post shave : Clinique soother

What a mess. the soap should have been Salter Mint cream but 4 attempts to lather with it and the Kent, 2 face and 2 bowl, resulted in either to heavy or too light a lather. Face felt very tight after these failed attempts so the Salter got dumped and a old favourite replaced it.

Got amazing lather with the Proraso but maybe a bit too frustrated and on the 3rd pass seemed toget it all wrong. No blood but bad irritation around the sides of my chin and around the adams apple.

I think this was my own fault and probably should have given it half an hour after the Salter frustration.

Not shaving tonight as I'm out for a few beers so a night for the face, which still feels a little sensitive, to recover.

Annoyed as i've been on a great run with the new brushes and razors recently and getting some of the best shaves I've ever had. Back to the drawing board I think.

Thursday 10 Oct 2013

Morning,
Prep: Nivea face wash
Razor: 7 O'clock OC
Blade: Indian Gillette/Wilkie Saloon (1)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

Not so good today. Felt a bit scratchy for some reason (still a close shave though). Maybe these blades don't go so well with the 7.00. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Thursday:

Morning, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: 7 o'clock green (6)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Hemp and Aloe, Black Tea
A/S: Jovan Musk

Terrific lather from the Kell's soap led to a smooth, easy shave and an accidental BBS.
The change in the weather means I'm starting on the heavier, spicy scents. Lovely.

Semogue 730
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Tiffany Bowl
Edwin Jagger DE89 Head
Weber Bulldog Handle
Personna Lab
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm

Thursday 10th October

SOTD101013_zps18661344.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Rose cream scuttle lathered
Simpson 56 best badger brush
Gillette NEW 2 piece
Croma Diamant (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

A cool day today so I brought the scuttle out for some warm lather. The Croma blades I've had a while, a free gift with another blade purchase. I can't say I like them much. On the first stroke I was able to tell they just didn't feel sharp enough. I managed the shave ok but decided the test was over with one shave :-/. A different blade loaded in the razor for tomorrow, still continuing with the open comb theme for this month.

Thursday 10-10-13. MUSIC: The Cotton Club - O.S.T.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grjjf4yUok[/video]

a6bfb59a-d6b5-49cd-9807-8b1ffd1a57cc.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Feather all stainless - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream The Art of Shaving Sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB JASÖN - ASL Honeybee Gardens Sandalwood.

[attachment=8678]

Finally have come round to posting up a picture in SOTD
Seaweed face scrub
Proraso pre shave menthol
Astra sp
Chatsworth
Musgo real
NF chubby
TOBS bowl
Encre Noire

Got the razor holder from a rep think it's meant to be used for toothbrushes or something had to be put to a good use :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381419962.375366.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381419962.375366.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 17
Thursday

Hot shower
MdC
Simpson Duke 3 best badger brush
Gillette Fatboy 4, 4, 2
Personna Lab Blue (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers lemon witch hazel
Floid "The original"
Blueness "Soft Touch" balm

Bit sore. Think 4 on the WTG and XTG passes was a bit much. Couple of weepers and for the first time the Floid stung like a B*****D!

Mmm, not too long since I posted that I never get irritation. Thanks Karma!

Prep: Hot Splash
Pre: BBR Pre shave oil
Soap: Palmolive Creme
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: 1912 Ever Ready
Blade: GEM
AS: Nivea Sensitive Post shave balm
EDt: Paco Rabanne Invictus

Another great shave from the ever ready, feels great.

Back
Top Bottom