Prep: Shower/Hot towel
Pre: Proraso Pre shave cream green
Soap: T&H 1805
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: 5/8 Gilbert Bros/Muhle R41
Blade: BIC Super platinum
AS: T&H 1805
EDt: T&H 1805

So the first shave after Movember, and the first time using my new T&H sample pack. What a Jackll and Hyde experience!

Firstly i'm getting pretty disheartend with the straight shaving technique, i have never been able to do anything with my left hand so changed tonight and decided to try doing it all with my right hand.... no difference! I just cannot get anything resembling a 'shave' out of my straight. Now it is most likely my technique and i WILL keep at it, but i simply do not have the time in a morning to try this, so its a long process!

Anyway on to the rest, the T&H 1805 smells fantastic and has gone to the top of my wishlist for the whole range!
This was also the first time using the BIC's and although it felt like a comfortable shave, this is the most cuts i have ever got in one shave, there was loads of blood. It can only be the BIC's?

Then to end on a high the T&H 1805 AS balm and cologne were great, can't stop smelling myself!

So, ups and downs tonight, feeling abit 'meh'.

image hosting 15mb

SUNDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Schick adjustable
Blade: Chick
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cream: James Bronnley - bowl lathered
After: Witch hazel and WS balm

Got the cream from my parents as a surprise for one of my birthday presents. Researched it and was not encouraged!

Put a mighty dollop (twice what I would do normally) in the bowl and went at it. In the end I got what looked like a good lather (which was surprising given the reviews it has).

All in all I got a good shave, but I think that was more down to the Schick TBH. I wouldn't use this with any aggressive razors. It just doesn't give enough cushioning and slip.

Another negative is it has Sodium Laureth Sulfate in it which I'm not a fan of. In summary there are much better creams out there for much less money!

Sunday. Good evening, Gents.

After a not so great shave on Friday involving a Personna injector and finished up with a 1912 Ever Ready, I gave my face a brief break. Stubble back with a vengeance, I couldn't stand it, so ...

DSC03913.JPG

Hot Rinse
Olive Oil Blend PSO
NSS Ice & Slice
Pure Badget Brush
GEM Micromatic/Personna [1]
Merkur 23C/Gillette Sharp Edge [1]
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum Wash
Cold Rinse
Brut Original Aftershave Lotion

WTG - PAL Micromatic/Personna
WTG/XTG - Merkur 23C/Gillette Sharp Edge

Trying another injector, I went with a single with the grain pass. Better, today, but still falling short of what I would have expected from a DE single pass with any number of blades I use.

I switched, made another with the grain pass followed by a cross the grain using my Merkur 23C and a fresh Gillette yellow.

Lovely job. The Gillette blade was smooth, sharp and without issue. I really enjoyed it!

Brut on, after. Sorted.

I think I'm going to give my face a break for a few days and enjoy my R41 at the end of the week. My Mrs likes stubble and once I'm over the second day (fencing night, could be problematic), I can tolerate it ... just. The promise of an R41/Feather shave will keep me going.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Martin De Candre
Brush: Somerset Simpson PJ2 in Super
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #22
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (8)
AS: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

image.php

Monday Morning:

Henckels Friodur 5/8"
Simpsons Chubby 2, Best Badger
D.R. Harris Marlborough, soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5" Latigo Leather
D.R. Harris Marlborough ASL
Thayers Medicated Superhazel with Aloe Vera
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

11870758-6605-4093-893a-5f2175ed3ba0_zpsd07da3fc.jpg

Musgo glycerin soap * Kent H8 Brush * Stirling Anise Soap * 1961 Gillette Fatboy * Alum Block & Thayers Witchhazel * Klamperts Finest Bay Rum (Acadian Spice)

e8458f8b161d2207c65c46574bab0cf5_zpscfbc3425.jpg

Greetings

Monday 2nd December 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injecto-Matic
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral cream (light)

Regards
Dick.

DSC04955.JPG

Monday ii December, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea Purifying Charcoal Face Wash
Pre: Vito's Crema Pre-Dopobarba
Brush: Vulfix 404 Bodger
Soap: NOS Old Spice puck
Razor: Timor Open Comb 1350K
Blade: Crown Red Stripe #1
Post: Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic, Arran Aromatics ASB

Result: Top notch all round. The NOS Old Spice is a superb latherer and I love the mug. Reminds me of my Dad.

Happy Days

Jon

Monday

Tabac
Semogue 2012 SE
Weber Shiny
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
DR Harris Windsor AS
T&H Trafalgar EdC

Yep, I definitely like the Weber. On the Christmas list it goes.

Warm shower
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest Tubby 1, Cella
Digress HD (#3;#2.5); Rapira Swedish (2)
Cold splash
Proraso AS cream

Just a tad short of awesome! 36 hour shaves definitely work for me... but don't always fit in with living in the real world.
Third shave with the Digress and it's excellent. Can't decide whether it's actually better than the Progress, or whether it's just more fun... but who cares?
I've noticed that my new 1kg block of Cella doesn't smell as strongly as my old Cella... probably a good thing, but I miss my midnight sniffing sessions...

Anyway... Manchester Christmas market this afternoon, followed by a meal out... and a nice smooth shave to go with it!

SmallBeard said:
Blade: Supermax Super Platinum (thanks JohnVaux!)
This blade was a very gratefully received PIF from JohnVaux, and was a nice blade for me. A good balance between sharpness and smoothness, and best of all, cheap as chips! Thanks for the opportunity to try before I buy, which I am likely to do in due course.

You're most welcome Alex .

As you know I've the same conclusion with the SMSP, looking forward to revisiting the derby as a comparison tonight.

Prep: Hot shower, L'oreal Charcoal Face Wash
Pre: non
Brush: Vulfix 404 Bodger
Soap: Proraso White
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Supermax super platinum ( SMSP )

Monday:

Afternoon, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Junjie
Blade: Rapira (2)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Super Max
Aftershave: M&S Amber

I was in a hurry this morning so I had a one-pass ATG: smooth above the jaw-line and a little fuzzy beneath, but visually fine.

Back
Top Bottom