Great start to my weekend.

PREP: Musgo glycerin soap
BRUSH: Kent H8
SOAP/CREAM: Stirling Barbershop
SCUTTLE/BOWL: Steve Woodhead bespoke
RAZOR: Feather Artist Club SS
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
POST SHAVE: Alum Block & Thayers Witchhazel
A/S: Klamperts Finest Bay Rum (Acadian Spice)
RESULT: BBS shave

3bcf270a99dd88973a2301f0b2bea210_zpsbcb03da9.jpg

barlines said:

Face wash with Pears soap
Cobra Classic - Pro Blade
Rudy Vey custom redwood burl with 23mm Shavemac knot
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Proraso Green A/S
Surrati Tom Aoud

Great start to my weekend.

Ughh, there goes the Cobra monkey stampeding around on my back.

What's the Shavemac knot you have in the RV? I'm rather tempted by a D01 three band, at some point, and that 23mm bulb looks rather good. How does it compare the rest of your enviable brush collection?

Rudy Vey does some lovely work.

Burgundy said:

What's the Shavemac knot you have in the RV? I'm rather tempted by a D01 three band, at some point, and that 23mm bulb looks rather good. How does it compare the rest of your enviable brush collection?

I believe its the silvertip rather than the D01. I'd love a D01, you know, just to compare it to, so I can check ;) Its certainly softer in the loft and the tips than the M&F blonde and I tend to use it with creams rather than soaps, that's just my preference as it whips up a great lather with creams. I guess I should give it an outing with soaps and see what occurs.

Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Derby (1)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre, v1
Speick stick
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

mabcpt.jpg

barlines said:
Burgundy said:

I believe its the silvertip rather than the D01. I'd love a D01, you know, just to compare it to, so I can check ;) Its certainly softer in the loft and the tips than the M&F blonde and I tend to use it with creams rather than soaps, that's just my preference as it whips up a great lather with creams. I guess I should give it an outing with soaps and see what occurs.
When I'm sure as to what I'm doing next year, I most probably will! I get on well with my SOC 2-band (my only badger) but would quite like a silvertip to complement it.

Blooming Roses in November​
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: T&H Rose cream
Brush: Omega 10005 boar
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: EJ89L + Bulldog handle
Blade: Rapira SS (2) + double shim
After: WH, 4711 AS, Coral skin food ASB

First time I've used a rose shaving cream and I must say it was blooming glorious. The scent is there in the background throughout the shave and delicate enough to not overpower.
So far with T&H creams I've tried this and the 1805 which I think was too subtle for me, I prefer the TOBS scents which have a bit more kick. Both T&H creams perform great though so no complaints otherwise.

This Omega brush improves every time I use it, excellent value for money and maybe my second choice after my MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic.

Finished off with 4711 and Coral skin food to keep the flower theme.

Result, easy BBS with this EJ89L although I still rank my Weber polished as top dog.

SOTD20131130_zpsb436d4ab.jpg

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Omega 10219, Cella
Digress HD (#2), Rapira Swedish (1)
Cold splash
Proraso AS cream

36 hour growth... should have dialled the razor up a notch, think I vetoed that as it was a new blade. Anyway, an extra pass with zero irritation and the job's sorted.
I may have to retire this Omega... it cost less than 5 euros in Italy, has a plastic handle and the banded bristles. It's shedding rather a lot and isn't really up to it. My other Omega is an entirely different beast, though.
Really liking the Proraso AS cream... it was a freebie... but the subtle scent and soothing properties are amazing

Pre Confiança soap + Valobra Fougere + Morris&Forndran Blonde Badger + Merkur-Pearl razor with Laser blade + Mennem Grand Large splash with Proraso blue blam

An excellente shave with this top products bundle! Anyway, I found this Morris brush borrowed by a good friend a bit too firm for my taste... I'll probably prefer a longer knot.

Cheers!

Prep: Warm water splash (Saturday afternoon shave)
Pre: Village Barber oil
Cream: Fitjar "Shea Pleasure"
Brush: California Redwood Burl handle, 24mm TGN Finest 2-band (set at 50mm by Bob Farvour)
Razor: ATT R1 plate w/iKon bulldog handle
Blade: Rapira SS (1)

2nd day with the ATT head with the R1 plate. First time I wasn't sure it was for me, now I'm positive. For me, the R1 plate is simply too aggressive.

20utlp1.jpg

Saturday evening shave:

Wade & Butcher Special 6/8"
Simpsons The Commodore X3, Best Badger
D.R. Harris Levanter, soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5" Latigo Leather
D.R. Harris, Sandalwood, ASL
Thayers Medicated Superhazel with Aloe Vera
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

SOTD-30-11-2013-small_zpsf0925096.jpg

Saturday 11-30-13. MUSIC: Depeche Mode - The Best Of.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyCTKtpFeQ[/video]

Afeitado_2013-11-30_zps86d70e56.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Morris & Forndran 25X53 - Feather all stainless - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Al's Shaving Boheme - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Speick - ASL Honeybee Gardens Vermont.

Saturday 30th November

SOTD301113_zps004e2c52.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Marlborough soap scuttle lathered
Simpson Milk Churn best badger brush
Gillette 1961 Fat Boy on 3
Ladas (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice sensitive aftershave

A fine shave dialled the Fat Boy down to 3 today. The Ladas seems a better smoother blade 2nd use. The 20yr old aftershave as good as new great stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom