S.O.T.D Sat. 30th Nov. to Frid. 6th Dec. 2013

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: Valobra stick (grated)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber Polished / Bulldog
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (2)

No drama shave. Ready for the evening :)

Saturday evening

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable Black Beauty, Birth Year/Quarter (R1)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap: Speick stick, face lathered
A/S Balm: Speick Aftershave balm

Good clean shave. No drama's with this setup.

Long day, freshen up with a bath and a shave then off for a few ales.

T&H 1805 cream
Semogue 2012 SE
Weber Shiny/Bulldog handle
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Fitjar Mint ASB

My first use of the pass around Weber and it was lovely. Paired with a Weber Bulldog handle it had just the right amount of aggression. It looks like a Muhle R89 but definitely has more bite. Spot on. I can see a purchase in the future.

Saturday's Stratagem:

Gillette Fat Tech, shim, Crystal Super Plat
Omega 10065
Trumper's Coconut soap
Barbershop Bay Rum
Astral
Vintage Shulton Old Spice Cologne

Pretty good but looking forward to tomorrow's as it will be my first with the new brush I've carved from some old, dark, figured Beech with a TGN Finest 24mm 2-band fan popped in.

Sunday 1st December

Brush: NF Tubby 2
Cream: RSC Shave2 Cream
Razor: Fathers birth year slim on loan, setting 6 (a bit ambitious), 4
Blade: Supermax Super Platinum (thanks JohnVaux!)

A good shave. I dialled the slim up to 6 to start with, but did half a cheek and realised it was too much! I lowered it to 4, and had a really comfortable, smooth shave. It took a bit of getting used to around the chin area, as I always struggle with that with my EJ89 despite familiarity with it, so it was even harder using this. A few touch ups and a nice and close shave. This blade was a very gratefully received PIF from JohnVaux, and was a nice blade for me. A good balance between sharpness and smoothness, and best of all, cheap as chips! Thanks for the opportunity to try before I buy, which I am likely to do in due course. The Floid is a great end to any shave, and it reminds me of my summer holiday which is needed now winter is here!

Enjoy your advent calendars ;)

Brush: Pensoftheforest Neep custom in Desert Ironwood
Razor: Max Sprecher custom w hollow ground
Soap: Jabonman lavendel
AS: Myrsol Lime
Strops. Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

Excellent shave combined with excellent products and hard wear, nothing of this would have been used, if it wasn't for these forums - Cheers guys!

Greetings

Sunday 1st december 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue SE 2012 Mixed
Soap: Tabac Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral cream (light)

A super shave, I am really loving this brush and it is getting better and better as the tips soften more.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04952.JPG

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Floris London JF
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 - 2 bands in Super
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE86811Gbl
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (7)
AS: Floris London JF

image.php

Musgo glycerin soap * Kent H8 Brush * MWF * JR Torrey Razor * Alum Block & Thayers Witchhazel * Klamperts Finest Bay Rum (Acadian Spice)

First ever straight razor shave (I have been using a Feather Artist Club SS) not overly impressed but it will get better. WTG pass followed by XTG with a 1912 Ever Ready to finish to a DFS.

00ac4b4afe12cdaca3322bb62ca6e6d4_zps0c47ac70.jpg

Pre Confiança soap + home-made Wilkinson mega-stick soap + Semogue BC LE 2013 boar + Weber Bulldog ARC with Laser + Brummel splash with Aqua Velva balm

A lovely shave! First time I use this small boar from the portuguese forum Limited Edition. It needs more break-in, but it feels in face very dense (it seems bigger than others with the same size), firm yet with soft tips. Still a bit foam hungry, but very promising.

And what to say about this mega-stick... I used a deodorant-in-bar container to add two sliced sticks and now is much better for facelathering.

Cheers!

Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: T&H Lavender cream
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Large Tall Scuttle
Razor: Weber shiny + bulldog
Blade: Rhino (1)
After: WH, Barbershop Bay Rum, Limes skin food ASB

First time using this lavender cream and it performs very well but the scent is just too subtle for me, same goes for the 1805 in the same range, the Rose was just right though.
Picked up this tiny silver plated cup from a junk shop for £1.50; polished up a treat. Not thought what to do with it but it could function as a currently-in-use-razor holder.

Have a great Sunday, folks.

SOTD20131201_zps67e679e3.jpg

Mr.Magnus said:
Razor: Max Sprecher Custom 10/8
Brush: Custom PixelFixed
Soap: GFT Coconut Oil
ASB: Bulldog
EDT: Armani Diamonds for men

Very very good Sunday shave.

DSC01948_zpsd390614c.jpg

Greetings

I note that both Mikael and yourself have used a Max Sprecher razor for this mornings shave. I understand from what I have read they are a 'Rolls Royce' amongst razors and they look wonderful, but I do not understand why the razors have such scary pointed tips to the blades.

As a non straight razor user to me this seems to be a huge handicap and an invitation to dig the tip into one's skin, which is why I thought the standard shaped straight with the gently rounded tip evolved to prevent just this happening.

Clearly I need enlightening.

Regards
Dick

Back
Top Bottom