factormax said:
Merkur HD Gold
Lord Cool
Semogue LE 2011 Badger 1
Trumpers Coral Skin Food
EJ Sea Moss Soap
Floid Suave
Thayers Cucumber
Kiehl's Soothing Nourishing Face Cream for Men (now discontinued :icon_sad: I take this personally. As soon as I get to like a product, it ceases to be manufactured!)
Lush Vanisihing Cream
Trumpers Eucris

Somewhat sore today, so didn't push for perfection. 'Just enough' is good enough, and better to walk away to shave another day, rather than kebab my face.

Have you tried the Kiehl's aftershave balm? it's very soothing and very moisturising.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: Cella
Brush: Traditional Shaving Co. badger
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Weber Polished + Bulldog
Blade: Astra SP (2)
After: Proraso AS, Weleda ASB

Along with Tabac, I think I'll always have Cella in my bathroom manbinet. Both can be relied on to perform consistently. Same goes for the Weber, along with the Progress, these razors are just a pleasure to use. In the brushes department my MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic (not pictured here) would be my trusty choice.
Aftershaves and balms just wait for their turn really.

DFS and happy Thursday chaps.

SOTD20131031_zps7011ce91.jpg

Greetings

Thursday 31st November 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue SE 2012 Mixed
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Regards
Dick.

DSC04809.JPG

pugh-the-special-one said:
factormax said:
Merkur HD Gold
Lord Cool
Semogue LE 2011 Badger 1
Trumpers Coral Skin Food
EJ Sea Moss Soap
Floid Suave
Thayers Cucumber
Kiehl's Soothing Nourishing Face Cream for Men (now discontinued :icon_sad: I take this personally. As soon as I get to like a product, it ceases to be manufactured!)
Lush Vanisihing Cream
Trumpers Eucris

Somewhat sore today, so didn't push for perfection. 'Just enough' is good enough, and better to walk away to shave another day, rather than kebab my face.

Have you tried the Kiehl's aftershave balm? it's very soothing and very moisturising.

Yes - the lab-coated sales lady at the Kings Cross branch profferred it for me to try in the face of my disgust at the absence of the soothing stuff. I think that's the way I'm going to have to go, once my precious supply finally runs out!

fancontroller said:
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: Cella
Brush: Traditional Shaving Co. badger
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Weber Polished + Bulldog
Blade: Astra SP (2)
After: Proraso AS, Weleda ASB

Along with Tabac, I think I'll always have Cella in my bathroom manbinet. Both can be relied on to perform consistently. Same goes for the Weber, along with the Progress, these razors are just a pleasure to use. In the brushes department my MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic (not pictured here) would be my trusty choice.
Aftershaves and balms just wait for their turn really.

DFS and happy Thursday chaps.

Manbinet, I like it! I think Tabac and Cella will always be around in my bathroom too, they're just great.

Thursday

Needed something quick today because I couldn't drag myself out of bed at a decent time this morning. I popped a once used Feather out of my Super Speed and cracked on.

Fitjar Neroli cream
NF Tubby 2
iKon Slant
Feather
Fitjar Mint ASB

Well the Feather and iKon slant certainly delivered on the speed front. Two passes and I was damn near BBS.

Thursday xxxi October, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea Q10 Facial Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Neep Custom '67 Threepenny Bit Extra Silvertip
Cream: Proraso Red
Razor: Ikon 2pb
Blade: SuperMax Super Platinum #1
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion

Result: First scrape with enabled Super Max. Impressed. Glad I bought a ton, they'll get used, no doubt.[/align]

All the best, gents,

Jon

Prep: Simpsons Pre Shave Oil
Soap: Tabac Original
Brush: Vintage Somerset Simpson 59
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Viking's Sword by Personna
AS: Fahrenheit After Shave
EDT : Fahrenheit

image.php

Thursday 31st October

EJ head on templ8 common bar handle
Sputnik (1)
Simpson's Colonel
Ingram Quality Lather Shave
Blue Stratos AS
Astral
Blue Stratos EdT

First shave for a few days and it was just magic!

By the way, what's this 'skim words' shopping link carry on? If I want to endorse a particular supplier's services then I'll do it. I do not require an interfering tech widget to do it for me or give the impression that I inserted the link. Grrr!

The Fon Golden Star full hollow 13/16
Kanayama cordovan #8000
Morris & Forndran L7 in faux Tortoiseshell
Mondial bergamot & neroli
Witch hazel
L'Occitane baux aftershave balm
L'Occitane Ambre & Santal EDT

Wonderful shave from the Fon Golden Star.

Wednesday evening

Clinique soap
Merkur Progress XL
Personna Lab Blue
C&E Super badger
Tabac soap
Proraso AS

Another really excellent shave with the Tabac.

The Proraso became my first AS to be used completely and is nw sadly in the bin although I have another all set up so I won't miss it. Great AS.

Also used the Tabac for a quick test lather for my new Semogue SOC boar which I had earlier picked up from the PO.

gillette executive (5,7,4)
gillette platinum (or is it a swede?) (1)
FS pur tech
Coates Rose shave cream
Boots freshwood a/s and balm

3 new items used in this shave and it showed - neck was red raw. I'll keep to the low numbers until i'm used to the razor. not sure if the blade was too sharp for the aggression of the razor. definitely a less effective shave than with the old type. Cream performed well - had a lovely scent for old stock and i'm looking forward to using it again. good lather but needed a bit of work to get going - i think i'll be less mean with product in future!

Rob Dery - are you sure you're other half isn't changing your blade every other day? ;)

Thursday 31st October

Halloween shave

SOTD311013_zps88c20c70.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Lavender cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette Popular 47
Lord Platinum (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Boots Freshwood balm

Last shave for the Lord blade. For all of October I've been shaving with open comb razors. Tomorrow I have a SB razor set up with a new blade. Todays shave clean and comfortable.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Brush: Shavemac 177 Slivertip
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Super Iridium (3)

The stars aligned for a wonderful shave today.

Time to fire up the old valve amp, plug in an electric gee-tar and rock out to some fusion backing tracks. Life is good :)

Gairdner said:
By the way, what's this 'skim words' shopping link carry on? If I want to endorse a particular supplier's services then I'll do it. I do not require an interfering tech widget to do it for me or give the impression that I inserted the link. Grrr!

I noticed this earlier, glad it isn't just me this is happening to.

Back
Top Bottom