S.O.T.D Sat. 26th Oct. to Frid.1st Nov. 2013

Friday

Tabac
Semogue SOC Boar
Aristocrat Junior
Rapira Platinum Lux
Barbershop Bay Rum
L'Occitan by L'Occitane EdT

Had to remind myself a couple of times not to lather up and shave my top lip. Let the tash growing begin, I just hope I don't go into autopilot one morning and shave it off! BBS everywhere else.

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 - 2 Band
Soap: Stirling Barber Shop
Razor: DLC/UFO U2

Nice clean shave, interesting scent slightly nutty. Plenty of lather but again need to load longer I think,

Gillette Rocket HD
Croma Diamant (1)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre, v1
Speick stick
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon's Esprit du Roi

A very respectable shave, but I'm contemplating going back to disposables for when I'm away from home. The Speick is decent but I need to dial in the lather; I'm getting the water ratio wrong for the first pass with too dense a lather.

Prep: Simpsons Pre Shave Oil
Soap: Figaro
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Viking's Sword by Personna (2)
AS: Proraso Verde Lozione Dopobarba

image.php

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Q-Ball
Brush: Frank Shaving Chubby Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos Stick
Aftershave: Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave
Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Shea Butter Moisturiser.

Sir Irisch Moos is truly a wonderful stick. Smells good, lathers well and built from the same soap as Tabac. Go Figure.
Probably just placebo, but to me they really do perform differently

I had my first shave with the Q-Ball blade. It has the same wrapper as the Crystal blade, and is made at the same factory. One could be inclined to believe that they are the same blade. But after this shave, I do not think so
The Crystal is my top Israeli blade, followed by the Viking Sword a few paces behind. The Q-ball comes on third, and could be even lower, if I just had more Israeli blade to compare with.
It was lacking in sharpness, but still rather comfortable. The first pass, which did have to mow down a two day stubble, made the lack of sharpness very noticeable. But it cut it down clean and (somewhat) efficient nonetheless.
The following passes were much better, and I ended up with a pretty close shave and no irritation. Not bad for an average blade in terms of sharpness

31102013_zps8da364f3.jpg

Friday 11-01-13. MUSIC: Lou Reed - Coney Island Baby (1976).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Ho5Q04cL8&list=PL1521A9174AB1F1AB[/video]

c6b63d76-05ea-4807-ae2e-8f32d2a9b021_zps8f65957a.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 28X56 - Merkur 39C slant - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Herbíssimo - ASL Grey Flannel.

Friday 1st November

SOTD11113_zps6ac7ee8b.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Marlborough soap scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette Hybrid Tech
Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Boots Freshwood balm

Some new to me items in my shave today.
1. The Soap from DR Harris is fantastic, easy to lather and all you could expect from a soap.
2. Hybrid Tech this is the rarer tech nice solid feel to it and easy to use.
The blades I've used before in other razors they seem to suit the Tech well.
A fine shave in all very pleasing.

Friday morning

Clinique soap
Ej de86
Gillette yellow
Omega 80080
Wilkinson sword blue bowl soap
Clinique happy

Day off so morning shave and to have a last tache shave for the month.

Nice shave, close and easy

Friday first November 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Derby
Brush: Wilkinsons
Soap: King of Shaves mild gel
Aftershave: N/A

Thought I'd put a post into this thread after my second week of DE shaving.

I'm sitting here with a beer (home brew, good stuff thanks) and rubbing my chin, now until two weeks ago I'd already be feeling the stubble come through, today my cheeks still feel freshly shaved, and that's with a 5 shave old Derby blade in the razor.

My face feels a little odd (has done all week, not a symptom of the home brew) in that it's 'cleaner / fresher' than it has been for years. While DE shaving adds around 5 minutes to my morning it is proving to add very much peasure to my day, an amazing improvement from a £4.50 40+ year old bit of male grooming kit :)

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep x-tra stuffed silvertip in Kenya Soapstone handle
Razor: Gotta 120 (GEM Micromatic for head)
Soaps: Dr Harris Almond + Proraso cream
AS: Myrsol Lemon
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

Hi guys, been a while since my last proper shave and it was EXCELLENT (been using my Feather SS straight and electric for head, it works good, but not with much soul)! :D

This pic been PS? Thats some DoF with the pic - what did you use to take it?

Back
Top Bottom