Evening, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: 7 o'clock green (28)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Tabac
A/S: Halston Z-14
Cologne: Halston Z-14

A good, smooth shave but the blade felt "tired" (and who can blame it?) so, although I could carry on in an emergency and probably get a few more decent results, I think I'll start afresh tomorrow instead of chancing it. That was an amazing and hilarious month's shaving.

I'll probably butcher myself tomorrow with the new blade.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Simpsons best
'Webly'/Polsilver Iridium (very good blade)
RL Safari SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Miller Harris 'feuilles de tabac' EdT

So today the Webly was used and yesterday it was the Schick F type injector. Those two, along with the 1958 Executive are the only razors in my rotation. Yep, 90% of my shaves have one of those involved and getting wet. The other 10% is maybe 5-6 other razors that I really like. They look good and feel good in my hand, and the performance is very good to boot. Yeah, if it wasn't for those three top razors, I would be using those others on a regular basis.

Last couple days I was thinking about getting a beautiful Aristo outta the arsenal. Only problem is I have a hard time giving up a perfect shave. The Aristo is almost perfect, but not quite. Sheeeesh.

BBS results,

Martin

Norseman said:
Sir Irisch Moos is truly a wonderful stick. Smells good, lathers well and built from the same soap as Tabac.

I'm intrigued to try the SIM range … I'm going to say placebo effect, too … one of my other hobbies is boutique car detailing and I've used products that are actually exactly the same but in different packaging and found better performance out of the packaging that was more appealing to me.

Perhaps it a case that we invest more into the product that we find more appealing - a soap, we caress more for better lather, a car wax we apply nicer for a finer finish.

Knife: Harner/Mclane Parer
Brush: M&F l7 t-shell
Cream: Dr.Harris Windsor
ASB: Bulldog
EDT: Dr.Harris Windsor

Yepp this one gave a BBS result :)

DSC01742_zps2c62944a.jpg

Friday 1st November

Gillette Rocket HD
Feather (3)
Vulfix 'Bodger'
Ingrams
Vintage Shulton Old Spice AS
Boots Freshwood ASB
Vintage Shulton Old Spice Cologne

A few weepers and could have been better but the AS/ASB sorted me out. Time for a different blade in the Rocket. Oh aye, finished a new hand-carved brush handle in old, dark, heavily figured, Scottish Beech heartwood.

We've had a cracking day out up in York … McArthur Glen Retail Park first, and squirted a gallon of Penhaligons' all over ourselves (hmmm … all a bit floral for our liking), hit a bunch of other stores … then onto York … Hog Roast, Crabtree & Evelyn, that lovely scent shop just near Betty's which has a cracking supply of Tabac, Trumpers and all manner of other goodies, Betty's … Hog Roast (again) and dinner at Cafe Rouge (or Cafe Rough, as I call it) … who do a great "blue" fillet steak if you ask for it. I'm not a snob - the restaurant is good, clean and simple food.

Anyway …

Home, and I find a little parcel waiting from Nanny's Silly Soap. Two soaps: goat milk and Ice & Slice from their olive oil range, which appear to be more sloppy, like a cream. Suits me.

I also got a lovely hard block of olive oil and patchouli for the Mrs and a minty lip balm, which is very nice. My Mrs absolutely LOVES the hard soap.

To work …

IMG_3697.JPG

Hot Towels
Personal PSO*
Nanny's Goat Milk Soap
Pure Badger Brush
Gillette Parat
PolSilver Super Iridium [6]
Wilkinson Sword [6]
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum Wash
Personal Tonic**
Jovan Musk

2xWTG with the PolSilver Super Iridum
1xXTG with the Wilkinson Sword

Well, the Nanny's is wonderful! I used the goat milk and absolutely loved it after a PSO* of olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and essential oils of ylang ylang, patchouli, grapefruit and Olbas Oil. It's one of the olive oil formulations, more like a cream than a soap, which I took to immediately. Great gloss, thick lather and very soothing. That'll be the goat milk.

With the grain twice on my trusty PolSilver Super Iridium which is now a little scratchy - it's good for 5 runs, for me, switched to a similarly used Wilkinson Sword for that I have found very smooth for the cross the grain, again, good for five runs. Just a little scratchy, it did the job. RIP both blades.

Finishing up, I splashed some tonic over** made from Witch Hazel and essential oils of grapefruit, lemon, ylang ylang, patchouli, tea tree and Olbas Oil.

I am seriously impressed with Nanny's and can't wait to try out the Ice & Slice. The lip balm is subtle, but perceptible - nothing like Burt's Bees with the smack in the face peppermint, which can burn the lips - Nanny's is a gentle kiss. Awwww ….

So, remind me … Nanny posts here, right? Who is she?

Jpshaver said:
I've seen the webly referred to a few times here. As a relative newbie, can someone put me out of my misery and tell what this is? Is it a hybrid so to speak?

Hi there,

It's a frankenrazor made up of a Weber long handle (the one pictured is the newer version), coupled with a Stahly Live Blade razordhead, Kinda like a Tech, but different, Yeah, they definitely don't shave the same.

Heres a few pics of one, gratefully borrowed from an ebay seller. Very mild razor that lets me use extremely sharp blades with excellent results. Weighs 105 grams.

Martin

Attachments

• webly rhodium1.jpg
    webly rhodium1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 29
  • webly rhodium2.jpg
    webly rhodium2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 23
Hodda said:
This pic been PS? Thats some DoF with the pic - what did you use to take it?

Erhh, my lingo doesn't compute, sorry! I took the pic with my Nikon D90 and a Nikkor macro lens, 60 mm... I'm not sure it answears your guestion though :)

Back
Top Bottom