Still a top shave.

Prep: Hot wash/Splash
Pre: Proraso Pre shave cream
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Semogue 1305
Shave soap: Boots Cool cologne
A/S: Bulldog Original AS Balm

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my 'rush' days so require a mild plain shave. This did the trick.

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: SuperMax – Super Platinum
Brush: Frank Shaving Finest Badger
Soap: La Toja Stick
Aftershave: HoneyBee Garden Bay Rum Aftershave
Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Shea Butter Moisturiser.

A new day, a new shave with a new stick. This time I used the La Toja stick, an item I seldom pick out of the Den. I do not know why, since it is a very good product. And tonight's shave was no exception. It created a very thick and creamy lather.

The SuperMax Super Platinum blade was used for the first time, and although it was a pretty good blade I do not think tonight's performance will reward it a place among the top ten. But it was not unpleasant and did not tug. I guess I can compare it to the green Astra blade. A middle of the road blade that performs just fine

Another first was the use of the HoneyBee Garden Aftershave splash. It is supposed to be Bay Rum scented, but I did notice neither bay nor rum. At first it smelled like a grumpy old man. The kind that every kid in the neighbourhood makes fun off, but never to his face.
But that changed almost immediately after I applied it to the face. The grumpy character disappeared and you might say it turned its frown upside down.
It was a more refreshing scent. Still an old man scent, but this time it smelled like someone's favourite grandpa

I had planned on using an aftershave balm from Bulldog, but it smelled rather “funky” so I threw it away and replaced it with my favourite moisturiser.

29102013_zps332d176a.jpg

Hot shower & 3P
SOC 2 Band
Speick stick
Gillette green 7 o'clock
ATT Atlas R1
Forest fresh AS
GFT Lime Skin Food
Face wash witch hazel and Castle Forbes balm

Note to self the superdrug AS have a very big hole, gave it a big shake into my hand and put on way too much had to wash it off it was overpowering!

tony4938 said:
A/S: Bulldog Original AS Balm

Norseman said:
I had planned on using an aftershave balm from Bulldog, but it smelled rather “funky” so I threw it away and replaced it with my favourite moisturiser.

I have the Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser and really like it. I was keen to hear thoughts on the rest of the range, particularly the shaving cream and the aftershave balm. I gather the shaving cream is one of those apply to face, lather and keep wetting. Interesting to hear you didn't like the smell - shame not to try it, though.

What are your thoughts on the balm, Tony?

I like Bulldog myself. But the one I just threw away had been opened too long. It has served me well in the past, but I guess it had just gone stale
But I have used the face wash, moisturiser, aftershave balm, shower gel and also the shaving cream with good results before. Very refreshing, non perfumed smell. I like it

I am thinking about "promoting" the shave cream to a pre shave cream. It is of no use to me as a "latherless" cream, but might be of some use as a pre shave product

Ah, I understand ... the product was past good. I do like the moisturiser. I think I'll try the face wash next. My aftershave routine is well sorted with my personal skin tonics and I have a pre-shave routine I am now very happy with. Thanks for the comments.

Insomnia ...

I simply cannot sleep. I'm not sure why, just tossing and turning is doing neither me, nor my wife any good at all. I'll get up ... go for a walk.

Back home. I had a bad face day yesterday having fiddled with it all day and the shave was a wonderful relief. Today, the stubble seems to have grown at a record rate.

So, I could drink, but that's not really productive, is it? I'm going to have a shave and go back to bed ...

Hot Towels
Nuage Men PSO
Ingram's Shaving Cream
Pure Badger Brush
Merkur 23C F - Custom Fencing handle
SuperMax Blue Diamond [4] ... I just want a smooth and mild shave
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Witch Hazel/Olbas Oil Tonic
Cream E45/Olbas Oil (1 drop) ... Wow!

So, after a menthol smack in the face, I'm yawning ... I should be, it's 2 in the 'effing morning.

I feel smooth, invigorated, yet relaxed at last. This happens to me every now and again. There's something on my mind, that's for sure ... but what it is, I really don't know.

Back to bed ...

Night, all.

Face wash with Pears soap
Merkur Digress HD B / Polsilver
Culmak Style Butterscotch 20mm Finest
Martin de Candre Fougère
Proraso Green A/S

Good enough for radio :dodgy:

Prep: Simpsons Pre Shave Oil
Soap: Le Savon des Volcans Lavande Romarin
Brush: Simpson "The Jubilee" LE
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Gold