S.O.T.D Sat. 19th Oct. to Frid. 25th Oct. 2013

Tuesday evening

Clnique face soap
R41/Ikon
Polsilver SI
Kent BLK12
Cella
Proraso AS

well I did use the R41/Ikon for a 2nd day, very nice smooth shave BUT about an hour or so later tthe area around my chin/mouth was a bit sensitive to the touch. No irritation but just sensitvie to the touch. convinced the R41 is great for when there's more than one days growth but not for every day.

The Polsilver got binned, could easily get another shave from it but going to swap razor tonight so a fresh blade goes in.

the Kent/Cella produced the best lather I've ever had though. Felt a bit silly loading that huge knot in the little red tub but face lathered and got some amazing lather. The last 2 shaves have really shown me how good Cella really is. Exceptional stuff and starting to understand why some people hold it in such high regard.

wednesday morn -

gillette old type
gillette green (4)
fs pur tech
tabac
speick aftershave lotion
edt - hoizon by guy laroche

another great shave - really coming to terms with the old type. my technique is improving and Im getting smoother shaves now :)
the pur tech holds a lot of water so face lathering was a bit splashy - lesson learned. next time keep it dry! tabac has a great scent so i'll definitely be buying it again

23rd Tabactober​
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: Tabac
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Weber polished + Bulldog
Blade: Astra SS (2)
After: Old Spice AS, Tabac ASB

Another excuse to photograph my custom-made wooden Tabac lid.
Soap impressive as always, no probs there. I like my Weber more each time I use it; it's already my favourite. It feels like an easy, mild shave but results in BBS with no irritation. I can't see how I can improve on that.

I'm using up my non-favourite blades but even with these the Weber performs great.

Have a great midweek/hump day, folks.

SOTD20131023_zps1cea4f32.jpg

slantman said:
iKon Slant
Personna Medical Blade
WSP Monarch Silvertip
Pumpkin 314 Synergy Shaving Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Bowling Green After Shave (Geoffrey Beane)
Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle

How are you finding the Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle, Jerry?

I've been browsing for a new larger scuttle and this is one of the ones I saw, looks like a very handsome piece of pottery. Does it keep the lather warm enough? I know they have a larger version G20 which holds a pint of water but that seems a bit of a monster.
Only downside for me is the postage to UK so Steve Woodhead's pottery makes more sense for me really.

Wednesday 23-10-13. MÚSICA: The Soul Of Motown - Part 3.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF1YrLogdk[/video]

2df773ea-1ec2-47e1-95fd-fcf07a51f4d7.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 28X56 - Feather all stainless - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Wilkinson stick - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Herbíssimo - ASL Opaline.

Wednesday 23rd October

SOTD231013_zpsb9b7d2de.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Rose cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
7 o'clock NEW
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

Plenty of creamy lather from the TOBS and a smooth irritation free shave from the 7 o'clock and Sputnik combination. Cood face from the menthol in the F/extra.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: T&H 1805 cream
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Weber POL/Bulldog
Blade: Voskhod (3)

Nice late-afternoon 3-pass shave. Feeling human again!

english gillette new
rapira swedish supersteel
simpsons berkeley best badger
razorock cumba cheech
rose of bulgaria AS
zino davidoff edt

wonderful shave. got a bug thats been doing the rounds and feel a bit grotty, so this was a bit of a spirit lifting shave.

Prep: Hot wash/splash
Pre: Proraso pre shave cream
Soap: Proraso Sandlewood
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Gilette 7 O'Clock yellow
AS: Boots Freshwood AS balm
EDt: Paco Rabanne 1 million

Poor shave this morning, don't know what went wrong as everything i've used is tried and tested. Just a bad day i think.

Wednesday:

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: 7 o'clock green (19)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorn
A/S: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorn
Cologne: Woods of Windsor

I rediscovered some Ogallala samples I'd forgotten about (I wonder what else of interest I might have?) which worked well this morning for a still excellent shave.

Gillette Rocket HD
Gillette Super Thin (1)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Proraso Sandalwood soap
Proraso Aftershave balm
Frederic Malle Dries van Noten

Shaved with my second, heavier Rocket HD with II stamped under the head. It does seem to shave slightly differently to the 2g lighter example - but it is a different blade so that perception may be skewed.

isaiah53 said:
english gillette new
rapira swedish supersteel

I tried a Rapira Swedish last night ... good God ... it's sharp! I was running it in a Super Speed and almost switched over to something smoother, but stayed the course and it worked out well.

I'll drop it into a milder Tech or late TTO (just scored a Slim Twist) for a second run. It should be just right now. Impressive blade, but ... SHARP! How do you like it in a 'New' razor? They're considered more aggressive, right? I don't think I'd dare drop it into the 'New' OC I have here on loan.

Back
Top Bottom