S.O.T.D Sat. 19th Oct. to Frid. 25th Oct. 2013

Prep: Cold water shave
Soap: Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal
Brush: Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Razor: Weber POL/Bulldog
Blade: Voskhod (2)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Fancied some Proraso today but was disappointed with the lather. Should have loaded the brush a lot more. Decent 2-pass shave nevertheless, just not as close as I normally like.

Gillette Rocket HD
Croma Diamant (2)
Semogue SOC boar
Valobra stick
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Diptyque Tam Dao

A second Rocket turned up today - much shinier and in better nick than yesterday's. This one weighs 73g (marked with II under the head) and the other weighs 71g (no mark). Neither had an accompanying case.

Any Rocket experts for ideas as to the real provenance/identity of these razors?

IMG_3446.JPG

Hot Towels
Nuage Men PSO
Far North Goat Milk Shaving Soap
Pure Badger Brush
Gillette Super Speed (Red Tip)
Rapira Swedish Supersteel [1]
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum
Witch Hazel/Olbas Oil Tonic
Recipe for Men Moisturiser

Two Pass - WTG & XTG

My first shave with a soap went well. Much enjoyed, although I must admit that for the second lather I added a little squirt of Ingram's into the mix. Far North's Goat Milk Shaving Soap lathers well, although it seemed a little ... well ... soapy compared to the creams that I am used to, which seem ... well ... creamy? I might be onto something there ...

Fresh blade, hand stopped ... lovely smooth and silent glide. Swished, t'other side and scrape! I removed the blade and stropped it again, thereafter it played very nicely. The Gillette Super Speed is a very nice razor with a great balance - the business end really does do, well, the business all on its own; my hand only there to guide. I enjoyed the SuperMax Blue Diamond which I gather is made in India, so was interested to compare what the Russians do with this magical Swedish steel. Sharper, I'd say; the SuperMax, smoother.

So, two pass and a very smooth shave. I'm out fencing later, so hope I don't blotch up with all the sweat ... plenty of moisturiser beforehand, eh?

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Sputnik
Brush: Frank Shaving Chubby Badger
Soap: D.R Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: D.R Harris Marlborough
Moisturiser: The Shave Den's Aftershave Milk

Recently I received a few samples from Gary's Sample Store, and one of these was a sample of the D.R Harris Marlborough soap. I really love the Marlborough smell and have walked around all day just catching a whiff of it. Just the way I like it

This was my first use of the Sputnik blade, and what a pleasure it was. Very comfortable blade and I do not rule out a larger purchase on a later date.

This combination was enough to give me the best shave of the week.

[attachment=8778]

Attachments

• 22.10.2013.JPG
    22.10.2013.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 19
Tuesday
Shower
Proraso pre green
Proraso green tub lathered in Ikea rice bowl
Unlabelled Pure badger brush
Merkur 37c slant
Shark SS (2)
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Old Spice Original AS

Second good shave with the enchanted slant. I'm going to have to have one, I like it. It seems to cut the hardest hair (mouser, chin, mid neck) very easily.

A nice slow shave today guys-

Prep: shower
Pre: homemade pre shave oil
Cream: Lea Menthol
Razor: Rocket Paperclip
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel
AS: Floid
AB: Nivea Sensitive

Although shaving is a team effort and many products play an important role during the process, man of the shave has to go to the Rapira blade, it's the first time I've used it and it combined with the Rocket trumendously, a selfless performance.

Sorry.....I'll get my coat, getting caught up with the Champions league fever.

Cheers
B

TUESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Kai Captain Excelia
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 in best
Soap: Institut Karite - bowl lathered

Couple of weepers from being too heavy-handed again (d'oh) but nothing too serious.

Not quite BBS, but not far off.

Schick Krona stainess
7:00 long comb
Turkish no.6
Ingrams
Cool Carllogne (my recipe, now with a pinch of menthol crsytals added and five drops of Star Anise.

"Lovely stuff!" Not my words, Michael - the words of Shakin' Stevens

Liz Earle Lavender C&P
NSS French Lavender
EJ Best
Merkur 33c
Treet
Liz Earle ASB
M&S Amber AS.

Very nice calming shave. The NSS lavender soap is first class,great fragrance
And performance.

Greetings

Wednesday 23rd October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A great shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04779.JPG

Wednesday:

Fitjar Neroli cream
NF Tubby 2
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
TOBS Shaving Shop AS
Fitjar Mint ASB

More great lather from the Fitjar, I'm quite taken with it. Just a dab of the tips of the brush in the cream generated easily enough lather for the standard down, up and one to polish pass. Easy BBS with the Streamline.

Good start to the day only spoilt by the fact I had to go to work and it's pissing down!!

Back
Top Bottom