S.O.T.D Sat. 19th Oct. to Frid. 25th Oct. 2013

Monday 10-21-13. MUSIC: The Soul Of Motown - Part 1.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaqGy5MJBUQ[/video]

afb7cf1c-8827-4b0e-8e88-65efe012eebd.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 28X56 - Merkur 25C - Astra green #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Cella - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Floïd - ASL CANOE Noir.

Stop teasing me with pictures of that Big Fellow!

:icon_razz:

782sirbrian said:
Monday October 21st

SOTD211013_zps2763d094.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Speick stick grated scuttle lathered
Simpson Rover best badger brush
Gillette 1920 Big Fellow
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: L'Occidane Cade
Brush: Golden Nib 2-band badger knot / Vulfix Grosvenor handle
Razor: Weber POL/Bulldog
Blade: Voskhod (1)
EdT: D R Harris Windsor

Comfortable 3-pass shave.

merkur hd
derby
semogue oc 2 band
panna crema namaste
pinaud clubman classic vanilla AS
boots no7 post shave balm
montana parfum d'homme edt

decent shave. starting to need to use balm now the weathers changing, my skins getting a little dry.

Gillette Aristocrat #21
Polsilver Super Iridium (5)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Valobra Sapone per barba
Proraso Aftershave balm
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

Taken delivery of a Rocket HD. I need to take it down to the kitchen and weigh it at some point, to work out which version, but it's clearly not a Paperclip. It's had an initial clean and polish and it's come out vastly improved, but there's work to do on it yet. I'm thinking that it may become my travel razor.

Monday afternoon

2 day stubble

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: iKon slant (thanks Scott)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Digress
Soap: Valobra
A/S: Aqua Velva
Balm: Blueness

Another fantastic 3 pass shave. Might have to go shopping again........... :)

pjgh said:
I'm not familiar with the product, but keep at it.

As a newcomer as well, one thing I've found with cream is ... when I think I've got it perfect, the next time is even better. Getting the perfect consistency is a skill in which you have to take into consideration how the lather will change during the shave.

Try a couple of test lathers - under do it, get it just right, over do it. Try the overdone again after a few minutes - it will have changed.

Something that I think gives me a real advantage is to heat the bowl up. I use a porcelain cereal bowl which is left under running hot water with my razor in while I do my pre-shave routine: hot towels and then an olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and citrus juice lotion.

The heat holds through the shave. Also, the lather kind of thickens up to a luscious cream by the third pass.

Keep at it ... you'll get there.

Also, fun to see your patriotism using the Fitjar. I have the Shea Shaving Cream, courtesy of a good chap here who sent me the tail end of his bowl. Lovely stuff!

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I needed it, especially since I was pretty bummed out by my performance with this cream.

It is a pretty well known product in the States, and receives nothing but praise.
And since I have a pretty decent collection of creams and soaps that have never been close to giving me this much grief, I was rather annoyed with it. But in hindsight, the blame was naturally mine

Since this shave, I have received an email from the manufacturer giving me good advice and a link to a youtube video. Here I may have found the solution to my problem and I look forward to giving it another go.

On the subject of Fitjar I do love these products. Founded in one part patriotism as you call it (good choice of word) and two parts satisfied customer.
I am very fond of the Lighthouse scent and the Shea butter moisturiser is repairing my skin on a semi daily basis
Excellent stuff IMHO :)

Monday:

Eveing, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: 7 o'clock green (17)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Erasmic (old tube)
A/S: Addiction Fever
Cologne: Addiction Fever

Still no complaints at all.

MONDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Aristocrat Jr
Blade: Super Iridium
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 in best
Soap: Mururgia stick - facelathered

Can't fail to have a good shave with this combo. The only reason for a bad one would be poor technique or a dulling blade.

Not posted a SOTD for a while so here it goes:

Razor: ikon SK9
Blade: Feather
Brush: Morris & Forndran 3XL
Cream: TOBS Jermyn St

Pretty nice shave. I really should get this razor out some more. First one I've used it this year!

The brush, wow.

Tuesday 22nd October

Brush: Omega 20102
Cream: Ingram
Razor: Schick L Type
Blade: Personna (2)

Great. The Ingram cream made my face numb when it came to the cold splash! Excellent shave though, haven't used the Bay Rum in a while, it was very nice.

Back
Top Bottom