S.O.T.D Sat. 19th Oct. to Frid. 25th Oct. 2013

Sunday 20th October

Brush: Omega 10065
Cream: Real Shaving Co. Shave^2 cream
Razor: Schick L Type
Blade: Personna (1)

Great shave. Very smooth with this razor as always, and very close. The cream is nothing fancy scent wise, but makes a perfect lather which gets the job done. The little Omega is excellent, regardless of the price, but at £4.80 it's even more impressive.

Hope everyone is having/has had a happy Sunday.

Sunday 10-20-13. MUSIC: The Ronettes - Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Su1FHN4QE[/video]

b645e394-928c-467a-a5b0-27a81fd8c7b8.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 28X56 - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Astra green #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Palmolive - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio - ASL TOBS Nº 74.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row badger
Cobra/Kai Mild
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Miller Harris 'feuilles de tabac' EdT

First shave with the Cobra and it will take a couple more to form an accurate opinion, or maybe not. I don't see things changing but who knows. Was ok, but it needs to get better. This will get a thorough test drive.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday
Shower
Proraso pre green
Proraso green soap
unlabeled pure badger brush
Merkur 37C Slant
Shark SS
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Penhaligons English Fern

My first try with the enchanted slant, found I had a great shave, escaped with one small weeper on my lip. Really liked the Penhaligons but not enough to pay £85 for a wee bottle though.

Sunday

Clinique face soap
Ej de86
Trig
Omega 80080
Wilkinson sword blue tub
Superdrug forest fresh

Very nice shave using some cheap as chips stuff. Maybe I could save money shaving this way (ahem)

Sunday 20th October

SOTD201013_zps21280658.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Speick stick grated scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette 1920 Big Fellow
Lord Super Chrome (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Smooth and comfortable shave with the Big Fellow and Super Chrome.

Simpson Chubby 1 Super 2 Band
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Tiffany Bowl
Weber DLC Bulldog
Perma-Sharp Super
Weleda Aftershave Balm

WiffWaff said:
Merkur Progress (#3; #2.5), Astra SP
...Decided it might be a good idea to turn the Progress up half-a-notch... don't think I should have bothered, the first stroke WTG and I got a huge cut on my cheek... how did that happen?...

I did something similar; my Progress seems to have exponential aggressiveness after 2.5. I tried at 3 once and it was a scarey shave. Not been back to 3 since.
BTW: Mine stops at +, so my 3 would be equivalent to 3.5 if yours stops at 1.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: D R Harris Windsor
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber POL/Bulldog
Blade: Sputnik (3)
EdT: D R Harris Windsor

Excellent result. Loving the Myrsol Emulsion post-shave, cooling, easily absorbed and and non-greasy.

Have a great evening, everyone :)

fancontroller said:
I did something similar; my Progress seems to have exponential aggressiveness after 2.5. I tried at 3 once and it was a scarey shave. Not been back to 3 since.
BTW: Mine stops at +, so my 3 would be equivalent to 3.5 if yours stops at 1.

Mine stops at + too... which is as it should be imo (ie you turn it up a notch from "zero" to 1). It was a 48 hour growth and I decided to go for it... but I'll be a bit careful if it goes up to 3 again. 2 is usually the best setting for me.

WiffWaff said:
MachM said:
One down, one up and one to polish.

... Arnold J Rimmer's toilet paper regime, I believe!

Anyway... is a NF Tubby and Cella a match made in heaven, or what?

:icon_cheesygrin: I'm glad somebody got that reference!

Doesn't get much better than the Tubby and Cella, great combination.

gillette old head
muhle R41 handle
gillette green (3)
Isana boar brush
Bond "Fresh" cream
Bond "Fresh" aftershave

bit of a Polish shave today - the Bond shave range is very good. They have three types - this one has a lovely orange/amber scent which is very refreshing. It lathers excellently and the aftershave has good skincare qualities. I recommend it if you're ever in Poland.

Shower
Olive Oil Blend PSO
Ingram's Shaving Cream
Pure Badger Brush
Merkur 23C
Personna 'Lab' Blue [2]
Alum
Witch Hazel/Olbas Oil Tonic
Brut Musk Aftershave Lotion

Four Pass - WTG, XTG x2 Diagonally & ATG

Very smooth. I enjoyed the Personna 'Lab' Blue blade a little better the second time.

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (2)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Cream: Al's Shaving
Aftershave: Floid Blue
Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Shea Butter Moisturiser

I've purchased a sample pack from Al's shaving, and have had some difficulties with it. Probably the only person in the world to struggle with this product, since it always receives top marks on every review and customer feedback I have read
Today's shave was no exception, and I suffered from lack of slickness, protection and enjoyment. I guess, I just have to keep on practising. Maybe I will discover why this cream is applauded by everyone in the end.

The Floid Blue on the other hand was much nicer. Not the best smelling, but it will probably grow on me. However it did give me a nice and cooling effect after an irritating shave, and I am happy with that

[attachment=8760]

Attachments

• 20.10.2012.JPG
    20.10.2012.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom