Hot flannel
Palmolive stick grated scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 8 best badger brush
Gillette Hybrid Tech
Gillette Super Thin (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

Easy shave with the Tech this one has the rarer hybrid head. A decent enjoyable shave.

Schenglong TTO razor
Edwin Jagger boar
Nanny's Vetyver olive oil shaving soap
Sputnik
Cold water

Got this razor and some Malizia Vetyver shower gel through the post today. It feels extremely light except at the very bottom of the handle where someone has added a pound of lead. Provided a close and relatively pain free shave but you can really feel and hear the blade slicing through each molecule I prefer something where I don't have to hold my breath and take the razor in two hands. I may try the provided unknown blade in something I know well like a Progress. The razor including blade and case and postage from China was £1.32!
Nanny's was superb and I am benefiting from some free aftershave from the soap :-D

Tuesday's Titillations:

EJ DE89L, Shim, Sputnik
Hand-carved Beech 24mm 2-Band Finest
Peppermint & Emu Oil Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus Balm
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus EdT

Four days growth to mow down so popped a shim in the EJ and the Sputnik was its usual, brilliant self. I think this is my favourite blade of all. The soap from the ebay seller luckyu4ever turned out to be really good with plentiful, thick & protective lather. Peppermint scent was nice and not artificial smelling but I look forward to sampling their other scents as and when they become available. The skincare from the soap was fantastic so just a splash of witch hazel after the cold rinse then on with some balm. The Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus is a recent discovery and I'm thoroughly enjoying the complex woody/earthy scent. Good projection and longevity on my skin but certainly not overpowering. Definitely going to be a regular scent for me.

Cold water splash
Truefitt & Hill 1805
Simpson Commodore X3
Weber Polished / Bulldog
Voskhod (2)
Myrsol Emulsion
Lalique Hommage a l'Homme EdT

Blade felt a little tuggy, but result was comfortable nevertheless.

Have a great evening everyone :)

3P
Omega 20102
Figaro cream face lathered
39C
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Clubman ASL

second try with the red tub figaro this is really good stuff one of the better value creams.

I really like this omega brush on loan to me and hope the 49 under the tree is as good.

Pre: tea tree soap
Cream: Arran Driftwood
Brush: restored Century black/ butterscotch, best badger knot
Razor: Plisson Rosewood. Slim to tidy up
Blade: Rapira
ASB: Bodyshop Macca root

First shave with the Plisson and pleasantly surprised. There's a lot of blade showing so it looked mega aggressive but actually smooth and comfortable shave. Less aggressive that R41 but bottled XGG so still used Slim to tidy up!

Warm face splash only followed by:

Weber Polished w/bulldog
Personna Blue
Arko soap stick
24mm TGN finest badger
Alum

Quick shave so no hanging about. Very smooth blade and results - been a good while since trying the Personna Blue and compared with Viking Sword and Crystal it's smoother and sharper. Nice 3 pass WTG/XTG/ATG with minimal touch-ups and only a little sting from alum. Nice to have no tache nicks either!

TUESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Feather AC kamisori - teak handle
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Coates Fitzwilliam
Soap: MDC Fougere - scuttle lathered

No Prep cream tonight and I felt the difference. Not as smooth on the first pass.

Still ended up with decent shave though. Not quite BBS, but no cuts so I'll take that.

Gillette Aristocrat #15
Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Shavemac 173 Silvertip
Speick stick
Weleda After Shave Balm
Diptyque Philosykos edp

A very hurried 2-pass shave. A presentable result but not up to usual standard.

Greetings

Wednesday 18th December 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1924 Shovelhead
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Frank Shaving Pur-Tech
Soap: La Toja Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

It's not often I have anything other than a really good shave, this was not one of those mornings. The 1924 is an aggressive razor but one I like and a razor that normally causes me no problems. This shave was super close but harsh leaving a tiny bit of tenderness and a weeper.

It could not possibly be operator error, so I am blaming the synthetic brush because I don't like it that much!! :angel:

Regards
Dick.

DSC05018.JPG

Back
Top Bottom