S.O.T.D Sat. 12th Oct. to Frid. 18th Oct. 2013

Shower to start.
Prep. Proraso pre-shave cream.
Soap Prof. Blighty Hyperion.
Razor 1978 (Y4) Gillette Super Adjustable set on 5.
Blade Super Max Platinum.
Brush Hand made Badger
Balm Lidl.
EDT Tabac.

Second day with this blade, unsure whether I'll get a third but result still excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_20131014_120557.jpg
    IMG_20131014_120557.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 13
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Simpsons best
'Webly'/Iridium
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (old juice)

Some of my favorite everythings..........brush, razor/blade combo, and soap. The AS and EdT are favorites too. One hell of a nice little shave today.

BBS results,

Martin

Monday 14th October

SOTD141013_zps5cae219e.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Palmolive stick grated scuttle lathered
Simpson Harvard 4 best badger brush
Gillette NEW Deluxe
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Boots Freshwood aftershave

Comfortable shave using budget software today. The products work a treat. The razor has a 15mm head as it's often referred to. Paired with a rarer fancy handle longer than the Tuckaway types.

Monday:

Afternoon, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: 7 o'clock green (10)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Endymion
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood

Still getting top shaves.

parker 91r handle/ fatip
perma sharp super
semogue 1800
valobra almond shaving soap
rose of bulgaria AS
zino davidoff edt

excellent shave, spirit lifting even. every time i shave with this parker/fatip razor i wonder why i keep looking to buy other ones.

Gillette Aristocrat #22
Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Valobra stick
Proraso Aftershave balm
Diptyque Philosykos edp

A very respectable lather. Perhaps even a slight improvement on the Palmolive.

... after the massacre last night, I was up for a known good combination tonight.

That is, of course, until I got home and investigated a parcel sent to me by a kind Gent here whose name I shall reserve in case it was not his intention to be publicly applauded, but he should get a round of applause nevertheless. Good man! It was a parcel of three razors to try out:

Gillette Super Speed (Red) - US Made
Gillette Rocket? - British Made "Parat"?
Gillette 77 Open Comb

So, go on ... which did I go for?

Well after playing with the British made Rocket which I found visually more appealing than the flare tip, trying the weight and so on, discounting the open comb for today, I selected the flare tip. The weight is very nice and I got the general impression from the weight and balance that I should be able to get a good shave going right back to basics and letting the razor do all the work for me ... an instinct which bore out in fact. Read on.

No music, no booze ... School night, you know. I am enjoying a coffee now, though.

IMG_3313.JPG

Hot Towels
Homemade PSO*
Ingram's Shaving Cream
Pure Badger Brush
Gillette Super Speed (Red) - SuperMax Blue Diamond [Hand Stropped] 3
Witch Hazel/4711 Toner**

* 2 tbsp Olive Oil 1 tbsp Avocado Oil Squeeze Lemon, Lime & Grapefruit and Glycerine.
** Witch Hazel with a 4711 Eau de Cologne hand towel immersed.

Two pass - WTG/XTG

What a lovely smooth shave from a razor that I immediately took to. I tended to think I preferred a longer handle and felt a little cramped with the short, but holding it right at the end and just guiding it about while the weight of the head did the work ... lovely. It's not perfect, but those two passes did the trick with absolutely no nicks, weepers or post-shave irritation, something I do not need after last night.

The PSO was very nice indeed and after shaving I found I had no need for E45 or other moisturiser. Likewise, the Witch Hazel/4711 tonic was very nice, just picking up the scents and oils from the towel and taking the edge off the Witch Hazel scent. I think I'm onto something there ... £3 (ish) for 10 from Boots. You'll find them in the Women's Fragrances section (not perfumes, but elsewhere), along with floral waters and the like.

Good shave. Thanks to the chap who leant me the razors - I think I'll enjoy the Parat next with a fresh SuperMax blade; maybe the open comb at the weekend.

Cheers, all.

Razor: Razolution 4-edge, UFO Godzilla.
Blades: a. Personna med blue (2) b. Personna med blue (2)
Pre: T&H Ultimate Comfort pre shave oil.
Brush: SOC boar, ash.
Soap: D. R. Harris Almond soap.
Aftershave: D. R. Harris Pink.
ASB: Agua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia.

[attachment=8716]

Not the smoothest shave but the change of handle helped with keeping the angle in check, although a thinner one than the Godzilla may be more helpful. I like the feel of this razor, it will just take a bit more practice.

Scott.

pjgh said:
That is, of course, until I got home and investigated a parcel sent to me by a kind Gent here whose name I shall reserve in case it was not his intention to be publicly applauded, but he should get a round of applause nevertheless. Good man! It was a parcel of three razors to try out:

Gillette Super Speed (Red) - US Made
Gillette Rocket? - British Made "Parat"?
Gillette 77 Open Comb
The man deserves a statue! Excellent gesture and excellent razors.

Tuesday Morning:

Cadman & Sons Bengall 13/16"
Simpsons The Commodore X3, Best Badger
Mitchell's Wool Fat, soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
D.R. Harris, Winsdor ASL

Lovely day, lovely shave!

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD-15-10-2013-1.JPG

Tuesday 15 Oct 2013

G'day, men,
Prep: Nivea face wash
Razor: Fat-handled Tech (slotted head)
Blade: Indian Gillette Black (1)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Nivea Balm/Superdrug Sierran Breeze

Quick ‘work' shave. Very close, smooth and satisfying. BBS.

Back
Top Bottom