S.O.T.D Sat. 12th Oct. to Frid. 18th Oct. 2013

Prep: Hot water (afternoon shave)
Soap: Arko Soap
Brush: E&J Chatsworth Best Badger
Razor: E&J DE89 Chatsworth handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (2)
Post: Osma Alum followed by Thayer's Lavender witch hazel

First time using Arko. Face lathered...wow, lots of thick lather.
Second day with this green blade. Very sharp, had more weepers which the alum took care of. Skin is still angry an hour later. It's clear to me this 7 O'Clock Green (SS) blade does not suit my face.
Will try one last time using my normal prep/soap on Tuesday then it's out.

Prep: Hot bath/splash
Pre: Proraso Pre shave creme
Soap: Mama Bears Aqua di Gio
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Rapira
AS: Tesco Pro AS balm
EDt: Superdrug Sierran Breeze

Finally got a good shave from the R41, will give it more time until I choose its fate!
First time using Mama Bears Aqua di gio and needless to say it was a great performer.

SUNDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Beejay amber acrylic with TGN badger knot
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos stick - face lathered

Cracked it. Finally.

Do you know what it was? I was using far too much pressure. Unbelievable to make such a rookie mistake!

So tonight I concentrated on keeping as light a touch as possible. The result? No blood, no irritation and almost a BBS.

Chuffed to bits! :D

Sunday 13th October

Brush: Vulfix Bodger
Soap: Arko in a tub- SW Suribachi lathered
Razor: EJ Head on templ8 handle
Blade: Lab Blue (3) with shim

Fantastic shave. It was strange not face lathering, but I wanted to see how I'd get on with a bowl again. In the past I've found it awkward to get the water mix right in a bowl, but went with the Marko/Marco method I used before with Cella, and had mounds of lather. This handle is great, my face was left lovely and smooth, and finished off nicely with the Blue Stratos.

Possibly back to the injector for my next shave.

Razor: iKon slant.
Blades: Voskhod. (1)
Pre: Proraso green.
Brush: SOC boar, ash.
Soap: Proraso green
Aftershave: Proraso green.

It's been a while since I've had a Proraso themed shave, a nice enjoyable mentholated shave. The Slant give a good shave but it is a blinking nightmare to align the blade, which is unusual for iKon. As it's not a school night, to finish off, a nice Chateauneuf du Pape.

Scott.

My first use of the Valet VC3 OC. Definitely too mild for me. Had to do a fourth pass with the Gillette New Standard. My second use of the Vie-Long 12705 horsehair brush. Prickly but I like it.

Proraso pre
Valet VC3 OC w Feather SE blade
WM Neumann's Bay Rum Soap
Vie-Long 12705
Thayer's Original
EMJ AS Face Lotion
Creed Original Vetiver
[attachment=8702]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381699878.427774.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381699878.427774.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 11
Greetings

Monday 14th October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon modified
Brush: Frank Shaving Pur-Tech Synthetic
Soap: Soap Opera Himalaya
Aftershave: La Toja Balm

A really nice shave, my third use of this brush and I am trying to adapt my technique by using just the tips of the brush with less pressure and to not mash or bully the brush as is my (probably wrong) usual method with my boars. I have to say at the moment I am less than wholly convinced that this brush is for me but I intend to give it a good trial.

I did head shave with it today and it does perform really well in that role when I simply pressed so hard the knot had to yield and splay, then the lather generated was wonderful.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04746.JPG

Nivea gel face wash
Proraso soft soap
Best badger brush face lathering
Merkur 34 hd
Gillette 7 oclock green Russian
Alum block
Old spice as

1 WTG / 1 XTG + 1 ATG ... This is the only blade giving me an irritation + nick free ATG shave.

Very smooth and BBS result

Monday 14 Oct 2013

Good morning,
Prep: Nivea face scrub
Razor: 7 O'clock OC
Blade: Indian Gillette/Wilkie Saloon (3)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Nivea Balm

Quick shave today. Not bad, missed one or two bristles here and there but still DFS. The boar is breaking in nicely now and whips up a great lather out of the Proraso.

Monday:

LEA stick
NF Tubby 2
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Barbershop Bay Rum AS

A very nice quick shave this morning, smooth enough.

Sunday evening

Prep : Clinique face soap
Razor : Merkur Progress XL
Blade : Laser Ultra
Brush : C&E Super badger
Soap : Scent from Heaven Lavender
Post shave : Superdrug Sierran Breeze

Tried the Lasers after the thread on here as I was getting a few bits from wilkinsons, not great, it shaved but not the most comfortable although no post shave problems. However there's more stubble there this mornng than I normally have with a better blade.

first go with the Scent from Heaven soap. Quite nice although not quite enough for a full third pass but the lather was quite good for the first 2 passes, may just need a bit of an adjustment but very good VFM from this soap.

Tall_Paul said:
SUNDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Beejay amber acrylic with TGN badger knot
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos stick - face lathered

Cracked it. Finally.

Do you know what it was? I was using far too much pressure. Unbelievable to make such a rookie mistake!

So tonight I concentrated on keeping as light a touch as possible. The result? No blood, no irritation and almost a BBS.

Chuffed to bits! :D

That 'far too much pressure' is a surprise and explains why you were still getting nicks when your amount of use should have been passed that point.

Have you tried a decent straight yet? They are a lot more forgiving than Feather blades. If you want, send me a pm and I'll loan you one that I know is a good shaver.

Monday 10-14-13. MUSIC: Mísia - Garras dos Sentidos.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGpTERkQ1yw[/video]

704cf726-fed7-495e-a8cd-288404d30156.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Edwin Jagger open comb - Gillette 7 O'clock yellow #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Lavanda by Ach. Brito - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Lavanda by Ach. Brito.

Back
Top Bottom