S.O.T.D Sat. 12th Oct. to Frid. 18th Oct. 2013

Gillette Aristocrat #21
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre, v1
Valobra stick
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Serge Lutens Serge Noire

Good shave. The Polsilver Super Iridiums are excellent - very, very smooth.

Interesting fragrance. I sampled it before and hated it (too much cumin) but tonight I'm getting plenty of pleasant incense, cloves and patchouli.

I had a go with a '50s Super Speed (a red tip) just last night and also found it a VERY quiet shave. Very smooth, too. Like you, I had to take a close look and re-check the angle - I had got it right, yes, the razor was very quiet.

Interesting, I also picked up a tube of that Boots cream at the weekend. I think it will be in my next shave.

Sunday's Shave

Hot Shower & 3P
Gillette Red Tip SS
Personna Med Prep (3)
SOC 2 Band
Proraso Green Soap
Proraso AS Splash

Today's Shave

Hot Shower & 3P
Gillette Red Tip SS
Personna Med Prep (4)
404 Bodger
Proraso Red Cream
TOBS Limes No 74 AS Splash

Both good results, returned to Proraso for some guaranteed easy lather. I really like the Red Proraso cream which was an old sample, one shave left in it but I think I am going to need to buy some at some point.

The Personna blade seems to still be going strong will push it for another shave.

Hot Shower
Proraso pre Green
Arko stick squashed into a tupperware, lathered in an Ikea rice bowl
Unlabeled Badger Brush
EJ DE89
Asda Personna (2)
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Bogazici Kolonya

Stopped face lathering with the Arko stick and get a much better lather with it in the tupperware. Something like the bloke on the label. Nice shave.

Tuesday afternoon

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: iKon slant (thanks Scott)
Blade: Astra Stainless "Blue" (3)
Brush: Semouge Boar
Soap: MdC
A/S: Floid
Balm: Blueness
EDT: Prada Amber

After another enabling visit from SM304 I found myself in possession of the iKon slant.

After he left I got ready for work as above. WOW.

The noise that razor makes when cutting hair is amazing indeed. The most feedback from any razor I have ever used (SE, DE or Injector)

I would say after 3 passes it gave me an R41 shave, with no irritation or discomfort.

I would agree, loading it evenly is not straightforward. It is not difficult, just a little awkward for me.

Scott is going to have to get a warrant for my house to get this razor back!

Love it!

Wednesday 16th October

A shave of 'news' and items that have been tucked away for too long today.

Brush: Omega 98
Soap: Cella (thanks Graeme)
Razor: English Tech head on templ8 handle
Blade: Indian Gillette/Wilkie saloon blade- with shim (thanks Louis!)

It was my first use of Cella in a long long time today. As usual, when I do this, I think 'why oh why did I leave it so long?!'. The lather was fantastic. I face lathered with it, and the scent and lather in general was great. My only qualm with it is when using a huge brush like the 98, the pot is a bit small and I had lather flowing all over the edges. Not a problem but it's easier to load in a wider pot. Cheers to Mr. Gairdner for sending me this a long long time ago.

The tech head was a gift from a colleague, who picked up a boxed tech for about a quid or a few quid at the most at a bootsale. The handle however doesn't match the head, as the thread from the top cap isn't long enough to bite on the handle thread. When I received my superb templ8 handle, I remember this and dug it out again.

The blade was fantastic. Nice and sharp, and oh-so-smoooooooth. Combined with the tech head, it was probably the smoothest shave I've had in a long time. I have a few, so I'll use this one in the tech head for the duration of the blade's life, and then try another in the Jagger head I normally use. Huge thanks Louis, a great blade, thanks for letting me try them out.

Not a lot to say about the Floid that I haven't said before, the perfect end to any shave.

Cheers!

Wednesday 15 Oct 2013
Greeings,
Prep: Nivea face wash
Razor: Fat-handled Tech (Slotted head)
Blade: Indian 7 O'clock Super Platinum (2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Nivea Balm

Dispensed with the WTG pass today – just an XTG (ear to centre both sides) and an ATG. No discernible difference to the quality or closeness of the shave.

SmallBeard said:
The blade was fantastic. Nice and sharp, and oh-so-smoooooooth. Combined with the tech head, it was probably the smoothest shave I've had in a long time. I have a few, so I'll use this one in the tech head for the duration of the blade's life, and then try another in the Jagger head I normally use. Huge thanks Louis, a great blade, thanks for letting me try them out.

Glad the blades worked well for you - It'll be interesting to see how they shave in an EJ.

Lou

Greetings

Wednesday 16th October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star Lather Catcher & Gillette Fatboy
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated modified & Treet Durasharp Carbon
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

I have owned this lather Catcher for some time but only yesterday solved the problem of how to use it with a standard SE blade rather than one of the wedge blades that came with it; which, in any event are totally knackered!

The razor has the tiniest blades stops and a standard blade being much thinner at the back spine edge sits at a different angle and rides over the blade stops. I have solved this problem by fitting two spines to a standard blade one on top of the other and the blade fits perfectly and stays in place.

Well I can say that the shave was just awful, I completed only one pass and had to abandon it but not before I had caused myself a bit of facial damage.

This razor is ludicrously aggressive, ultra angle sensitive and feels like shaving with a pocket knife sharpened with coarse emery paper. I am 100% happy my blade mod. worked perfectly. It is IMHO just the nature of this razor, the blades edge is level with the edge of the comb and a wedge blade would sit no differently as it is the blade stops that govern the position.

A pretty paperweight IMHO!

I finished off with the fatboy without any problem. I am just glad I was not bloody minded enough to persevere (I was tempted) or my face would now look like a piece of raw liver!

Regards
Dick.

DSC04754.JPG

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Wednesday 16th October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star Lather Catcher & Gillette Fatboy
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated modified & Treet Durasharp Carbon
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Well I can say that the shave was just awful, I completed only one pass and had to abandon it but not before I had caused myself a bit of facial damage.

This razor is ludicrously aggressive, ultra angle sensitive and feels like shaving with a pocket knife sharpened with coarse emery paper. I am 100% happy my blade mod. worked perfectly. It is IMHO just the nature of this razor, the blades edge is level with the edge of the comb and a wedge blade would sit no differently as it is the blade stops that govern the position.

Dick, I have a seven day set of Heljestrand wedge blades that shave beautifully. If you would like to try one let me know by pm and I'll pop one in the post.

Measure the wedge widest part (if possible with a micrometer) just to ensure that the Heljestrand will fit in.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: TOBS Lemon & Lime cream
Bowl: Woodhead Scuttle #1B
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: Ikon #101 head + Weber Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1) + shim
After: Brut AS, Clinique ASB

Thought I'd try the Ikon #101 head with a shim to give it some extra bite. Made a definite improvement and resulted in a gnat's crotchet away from BBS; maybe with a bit more practice I could get to a true BBS.

Now that members have been talking about this TOBS cream smelling like floor cleaner I have that scent in mind when I use it. I used to think it smelt great!

Loving the return of my scuttle hidden away from last winter. Great to have warm lather all through the shave. Must resist urge to buy a bigger one though.

Happy Wednes(hump)day, everyone.

Wednesday

photo6_zps74f07a37.jpg

Hot Shower
MdC
Digress brush with low loft 24mm silvertip
Digress SS
Rapira Swedish (1)
Floid the genuine
Blueness balm.

First day with the Digress AND Digress brush :icon_razz:

Wonder if they will prove popular and go into production? :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Simpson Tulip 2 Super 2 Band
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Tiffany Bowl
Edwin Jagger Ivory Chatsworth
Polsilver Super Iridium
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm

Wednesday 10-16-13. MUSIC: Mariza - Concerto em Lisboa.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_lK-LKwoj8[/video]

9e8d338a-d955-43ae-987f-a59a309f10d4.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 28X56 - Merkur 25C - Gillette 7 O'clock yellow #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F. Trumper's Rose - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Korrés - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Back
Top Bottom