Rugby World Cup.. thoughts

I'm glad us going out makes some of the people from England's third world satellite nations feel all warm in their tummies, bless their heads.

Like a ginger, pale step-brother beating you at kirby. You have to feel happy for the goofy-looking fucker but deep down he knows it's only a matter of time before you pull his trousers down in front of the whole school.

I can see it now - "2019, the devastating revenge campaign"... <sigh>.

It's sport.. sh1t happens. They weren't good enough, tournament is over for them, flak will be passed around... maybe just move onwards, learn from the mistakes and hopefully move upwards.

The kicking game does work when used correctly, an UP and UNDER as old Eddy used to say means just that. A high kick, making enough room to get under your own ball, not just panic clearances. As for the flat and deep lines for defence and attack, you need confidence in the rest of your teamates ball handling and tackling skills to play the right way. More support and less primerdonnering IMO. I also believe we had the players in and out of the squad to give it a much better go than we did, but as usual in rugby, the behind the scenes politicking and snobbery got in the way of playing the best we are able!

Well, we're through but by 'eck yon Samoans are big, tough and brutal. A game of two halves or what? What odds victory against Australia? If there is one rugby nation I like less than Ireland, it's the Aussies and the French and, and, and...erm, Come on England! Ok then, COME ON WALES!!! :D

I'd take you up on that bet Vinny but for two reasons:
  1. You're right, we'll get stuffed just like SA stuffed Japan.
  2. You've probably bared your arse in market Square countless times so no incentive there.
And my sausage isn't silly, just sadly underused....COME ON BOOTLE WI!!!

:D

The Australia v Wales 1st half was poor rugby - the second half was better in terms of entertainment - but still poor as a game. I don't think either team will win the world cup, so it's up to France to carry NH hopes - but my money is on SA - they got the kick up the arse that was deserved against Japan, let's see what happens now.

Loved the Wales v Australia game...tense and brutal. Wales lacking a touch of variety while the Ozzies defended brilliantly.

Unless New Zealand up their game, Australia could win this.

Hiya,

One thing for sure is the fact of me never sitting through a rugby game. That sport holds even less interest than soccer does, which is about the same amount as cricket (mostly because of the funny words in that game). Saying that, I realize me being in the minority of the thread posters.

Anyway, just wanted to mention the Chicago Cubs are in the first round of playoffs to find the best baseball team in the whole world! Yes, the USA baseball is better than every other place on earth! Ok, enough stating facts without sounding like bragging.

Anyway, the Cubs have hit a bump in the road to World Series Champions and winning has been somewhat elusive in recent years. If y'all wanna direct some positive waves in that general direction, well it couldn't hurt.

Sorry for the slight derailment but reading the posts was soooo boring.

Martin

Magic in Cardiff... what a crowd, what a win.

Hope that's not the last we see of Paul O'Connell in the green jersey, fingers crossed.

Hiya,

One thing for sure is the fact of me never sitting through a rugby game. That sport holds even less interest than soccer does, which is about the same amount as cricket (mostly because of the funny words in that game). Saying that, I realize me being in the minority of the thread posters.

Anyway, just wanted to mention the Chicago Cubs are in the first round of playoffs to find the best baseball team in the whole world! Yes, the USA baseball is better than every other place on earth! Ok, enough stating facts without sounding like bragging.

Anyway, the Cubs have hit a bump in the road to World Series Champions and winning has been somewhat elusive in recent years. If y'all wanna direct some positive waves in that general direction, well it couldn't hurt.

Sorry for the slight derailment but reading the posts was soooo boring.

Martin
I'm getting into baseball in a strange kinda way! Some of the plays flummox me though.......why 'bunt' a ball when surely you should whack it as hard as you can? And why have a batting average system where perfection in batting is shown as the number 'one'.

I could only watch the second half of the Ireland/France match, but what a half it was. Both sides were tough, but the Irish were brilliant. A very entertaining 40 minutes.
The Irish were very good and really troubled the French set pieces - the lineout in particular.

I'm really impressed with the Irish coach - he's managed to integrate new players into a side that were ageing badly and also coped with losing some real quality players to retirement.

Back
Top Bottom