Closed Pass Around - PILS 101NE DE Razor Stainless Steel Matt-Finished - COMPLETE

I'll have said it before but I did once have a parcel sent from the south coast (maybe 80 miles from here) arrive several weeks late. It had gone via SCOTLAND!. No kidding.

I'm just saying it could have got misdirected and will turn up albeit a bit late.

And relax........
I have it safe and sound , shipping box is a bit mashed ,but, razor is fine , and wow , yes you read it on the review's ,but, until you hold one in your hand ,then you appreciate the engineering skill's that have gone into this piece of art , because that's what it is .
Anyway , I dived straight in with some OSP Bay Rum(thank's James) and a Polisilver SI blade .
Defo one of if not the smoothest of shave's I have had , 4 passe's ,but , not close enough for my liking .
I can still feel stubble .
i will have another shot in the morning at a more leisurely pace and see if I can dial in on the angle a bit more .

Really pleased to hear it has arrived.

You've rung several bells there, TGS. The OSP Bay Rum...right up my own personal street, The Polsilver (ditto), and the sensation that I wasn't getting a particularly close shave (i.e. the thoughts I voiced the other day regarding the AS-D2).

Despite my rejoicing yesterday that I'd cracked it with the Feather razor, this morning it wasn't quite as satisfying. So maybe we all need more practice with these razors...the Pils and the Feather.

Thanks to all involved. Looking forward to having it for a couple of days in due course.

Glad to hear its arrived, I found the angle needs getting used to. Hard to reach areas on the neck were difficult to get smooth but with practise this should become easier and closer. Surprised the box was mashed it was sealed then sealed again and again, the thoughts 'my precious' ringing in my ears ;) glad I tripled up on the bubble wrap!

@The Geordie Shaver - thanks for checking in and confirming safe receipt. Yes, the window of opportunity in respect of the blade angle is the narrowest of any DE razor I've used. It does give good aural feedback though when you hit it just right.

1. Chris.Hale - complete
2. Nishy - complete
3. The Geordie Shaver*
4. p.b
5. riverrun
6. mattyb240
7. Omp
8. rowlers
9. Stacy555
10. DevonStan

*Currently with

LIST CLOSED

Pils dispatched this morning to p.b and tracking number sent to p.b ,
I found the last couple of shave's to be better after switching to a Feather blade , getting a very acceptable shave in two passe's , not BBS ,but not far away .
Still can't get BBS ,but , a very smooth and comfortable shave was had and I did like the audio feedback ,
Don't know about this razor, part of me say's to buy the other part not to buy .
Thank's Martin for the opportunity of trying this razor , greatly appreciated .

@p.b. - thanks for checking in.

1. Chris.Hale - complete
2. Nishy - complete
3. The Geordie Shaver - complete
4. p.b*
5. riverrun
6. mattyb240
7. Omp
8. rowlers
9. Stacy555
10. DevonStan

*Currently with

LIST CLOSED

Pils dispatched this morning to p.b and tracking number sent to p.b ,
I found the last couple of shave's to be better after switching to a Feather blade , getting a very acceptable shave in two passe's , not BBS ,but not far away .
Still can't get BBS ,but , a very smooth and comfortable shave was had and I did like the audio feedback ,
Don't know about this razor, part of me say's to buy the other part not to buy .
Thank's Martin for the opportunity of trying this razor , greatly appreciated .
In the same conundrum! Not having shaved with it for some time, RAD is starting to itch.

Back
Top Bottom