Closed Pass Around - PILS 101NE DE Razor Stainless Steel Matt-Finished - COMPLETE

Martin,
When shipping, what do we state as the replacement value? Cheers, Paul

Paul - if you want to send by insured post (belt 'n' braces), then it would be in the Royal Mail 'up to £250' bracket.

That said, it is not absolutely mandatory. If folk want to 'self-insure', all I ask is that it is sent by Recorded-Signed For - First or Second Class doesn't make any difference - but at least this method requires a signature upon delivery and gives the best cost / benefit.

You are a Gent , deffo count me in for a try of this!

Many thanks again!

Just for info, I'd not be comfortable sending this anything other than special delivery, you have fall back with RM with this service = large letter @ £7.25

Last edited:
The Pils arrived today, thank you Martin.

I tried it out this evening using Soap Commander Wisdom and my TSR Shavemac, a brush that's finding a lot of favour at the moment.

I won't go on about the build quality, Pils have a well-deserved reputation in that regard, suffice to say that the razor does not disappoint. It really is a thing of beauty. Blade loading is easy, and it's held perfectly centrally and very securely.

On to the shave. I did struggle a bit to find the right angle on my head. There is good audio feedback but when it comes to touch-ups there's not much to hear, you also don't feel the blade at all. Being used to open combs I'm also used to it being a case of if the lather's swept off the blade's taken it, whereas with a safety bar this is not necessarily the case, so I did miss some patches and have to go back for them. On the other hand, the Pils is also very forgiving and buffing is not a problem. I found the angle much more intuitive on my face and the shave was close and very comfortable, rivalling even my Wolfman in comfort. It wasn't as close as a shave from the Wolfman, but this is only the first night. Despite the handle being longer than I prefer, and smooth, it was comfortable to use and I did not feel that my grip wasn't secure.

I'm looking forward to using it again tomorrow, thank you again Martin for the opportunity.

Second shave with the Pils last night, I had a bit more stubble than usual because while the first shave felt close immediately afterwards it didn't last as long. It is very, very comfortable to use, but is a bit finicky when it comes to angle. Even with the right angle it is a bit too mild for me, in that respect it's a bit like a Tech, I can get a good shave with it but I need to work for it.

I'm very pleased that I've tried it, but it's not one I'd buy. I'll be watching the Feather passaround thread with interest, but if that's milder than the Pils I'll probably withdraw.

Last edited:
Why did I place myself @ number 5? I could have had the Pils and the Feather at the same time...I guess having four pass around razors at the same time would be excessive though.. :oops:
Hint: The Wandering Wedge and a marvellous Fatboy are currently without a waiting list... ;)

Also look forward to trying tge PILS razor, like Andreas mentioned the logo on the front was a turn off. But the PILS and something sharper sound interesting.

I know what you mean about logos, the iKon Bulldog II is possibly my perfect handle, but I do sort of wish it didn't have the logo on the end. I don't mind it with an iKon head, but it bothers me a bit on the others.

Back
Top Bottom