Closed Pass Around - PILS 101NE DE Razor Stainless Steel Matt-Finished - COMPLETE

Thanks for checking in Stacy @Stacy555.

1. Chris.Hale - complete
2. Nishy - complete
3. The Geordie Shaver - complete
4. p.b - complete
5. riverrun - complete
6. mattyb240 - complete
7. Stacy555*
8. rowlers
9. DevonStan
10. Omp

*Currently with

LIST CLOSED

Where do I start and finish with my adoration of the Pils?, on opening the box it's a feast for my eyes, the clean shiny lines are a very masculine and instantly appealing, the weight is next on the list, I'm guessing that it won't hit the mark for everyone, but from my perspective it is near perfect, but the real test as we are all aware is what comes next.

Shave 1. Once my shower was done and I had the Pils loaded with a new Voskhod, I turned to my brush and soap and whipped up some Trumpers coconut oil.
First pass was a short learning curve and went quickly and efficiently, as well as any slightly bumpy bits being completely ignored by the blade, I felt instantly comfortable.
Decided to go for one pass and a clean up for today, to hopefully avoid any irritation caused by over confidence.
Very pleased with the 2 passes, smooth as well as irritation free, looking forward to hitting a bit longer growth for the next shave.

One minor issue was turning the handle with a wet hand to switch blade sides, just a little scary over a stone sink, not sure which would take the most damage.

I think after shave 2 this will be on my list of must haves.

Thanks again for the opportunity Carl.

As posted in SOTD.

Shower, Hot face cloth.
Rustic shaving, Mahogany.
Semogue 1460 Boar.
Pils 101NE. (continues to impress).
Rapira platinum lux (1) first time with this, seems on a par with Astra SP to me.
Dura lemon cologne, Benjamins Bay rum, (Mix)

Enjoying this one a little too much, feels so butch and manly in the hand, probably technique but even though this will be on my need to acquire list. it will be after a Fatboy, but definitely a super piece.

Will hold on till after shave 3 on Sunday, then get it in the post Monday all things being equal.

On reflection, if I was asked the question while shaving I would answer yes without a thought, but if I do a stroke test some hours later, I think I'd have to say no I don't think I've found that sweet spot yet, yesterday's shave was a little rushed though.

I'm going the full monty with my last shave tomorrow, pre shave oil, Feather blade, added to an extra few minutes per pass and a bit more focus, will post a final decision a few hours afterwards.

Well here are my final thoughts on the fabulous Pils, (bit of a clue there).

The Pils was loaded with a new Feather blade, and for the first time in the few uses I've tried this blade, I don't feel like I have just been necking on the back row with a Piranha, I achieved a close comfortable shave, with minimum post shave irritation, a fair sting from the Alum in my usual trouble spot on the left side of my neck, caused by my persistence in trying to completely eradicate the few remaining hairs.

Overall, I love the weight, feel, fit and finish, it all adds up to a solid if not quite beautiful piece of engineering, in my opinion a must have, but it will have to wait.
Shave quality with the Feather especially, is right up there with anything I've tried in my short time with the DE's, Although I have to say my Ikon 102 seems to hit my troublesome left neck a little easier, I guess due to the smaller footprint.

Many thanks again to "Martin" (got it right this time Andreas :p), for the opportunity to add another great razor to my used it list.

Pils.jpg

£2.65 Brush ..... "£2.65" !!!!!!!!

Yeah, we're completely devastated AGAIN up here :(
I'm OK thankfully, but it was touch and go on Thursday night!
A couple of days should do and then main routes should be open again.
Thanks Stacy....

Back
Top Bottom