Closed Pass Around: Mongoose (Completed)

Pass Around: Mongoose! (in progress)

1FDA5991-94C0-4973-8E1B-53E3D6FFF89A_zps1h0gmxsv.jpg

First go of the goose. I thought I'd go all out and use the feather blade. I'm still trying to get the angle but got a good shave with no drama. The wider blade is taking some getting used to around the curves of my face. I'll press on with more shaves and report back.

RE: Pass Around: Mongoose! (in progress)

Hi Erik

Please remove my name from the penultimate position in the list - let someone else in. A very generous member with some skin missing has kindly lent me his - postie is to deliver it shortly.

Trial begins in the morning!

Bechet45 said:
Please remove my name from the penultimate position in the list - let someone else in.

Also had someone else drop out, which moves everyone else up the list.
2 slots now open at the back (estimate Oct-Nov 2015 timeframe) if someone wants to try.

Pass Around: Mongoose! (in progress)

The goose is on its way to PB. Seven and a bit shaves later I like the goose but not sure I would buy one at the moment. If I did I think I would go with the matte finish as the shiny one was a pain to keep clean. I wasn't a fan of the standard handle, but tried a range over the 7 shaves. The feather blades were very sharp and gave a good shave. The Kai blades were favourable to me but didn't get as close a shave. Overall not the best end result shave wise but I found a more uniform regrowth and the regrowth seemed to take longer to come back. Also my skin seems in better condition i wonder if the stiffer blades were the cause of this. The wider blades took a little getting used to especially round some of the awkward areas of my face.

Overall a nice quality, well built razor, and thanks to Erik for the chance to try it out. Life post mongoose will tell if I really need one I guess!

I heard that the mongoose team were working on a version that takes the usual Schick type injector blades which I think would be more interesting to me for the smaller blade and head design.

Glad you were able to scratch that itch. Only time will tell if you 'miss' it enough to buy one.
I think it really showcases the strengths of the Feather-Pro blades.
fly3k said:
I heard that the mongoose team were working on a version that takes the usual Schick type injector blades which I think would be more interesting to me for the smaller blade and head design.
That's true. The prototype takes normal (vintage) Schick-type injector blades.
I had a quick stroll through their facebook page and found this SOTD pic. I'm still looking for a side-by-side shot...

Mongoose arrived safely - awesome packaging that should survive anything the Post office throws at it!

I've teamed it up with a iKon Bulldog (85mm) handle as that'll have far more grip, and I prefer shorter handles. First run tomorrow with a Feather Pro and some NSS. Thanks for the opportunity to try it Erik.

Hi Erik- may I be considered for last place please- this looks very interesting. If I'm last I use feather pro blades in my Korean Kamisori, so not bothered if it arrives with no blades!

The Mongoose is now en-route to benthespaniel special delivery and will be there before midday Wednesday. I've added a few Feather Supers for those that can handle a more aggressive shave. I'll post my thoughts later - Paul.

I can now confirm the arrival of The Mongoose
Very intimidating opening such a package but by 'eck what was inside thoroughly merited the respect due.
A beautiful piece of kit
Given my previous SE experiences I'll go for the mild blades I think - the FEATHER VERY SHARP jiffy bag put the wind up me - at least the writing wasn't in blood!
Many thanks for the opportunity to try this Erik - if I survive, I'll post my thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom