Closed Pass Around: Mongoose (Completed)

RE: Pass Around: Mongoose!

List updated.
Peter (Dobbo25) kindly asked to be dropped from the list (he was first), which moved everybody else up.
Last two slots filled.
List is now full, please no more requests.
I received the Satin-finished mongoose yesterday. The polished mongoose is getting shipped out today, so there will be a delay of about 2 weeks for the start of this pass-around.

RE: Pass Around: Mongoose! (List CLOSED)

I'm still waiting for my feather pro blades to show up from Japan. Once they do, we can get this show on the road.
I've had a chance to shave with both heads and there are subtle differences between the finishes. I'm not sure which I prefer. The mirror polish certainly LOOKS better but I think the satin finished gives a smoother shave because of the micro-pebbled surface.

I added some photos to the first post.
My crappy camera on my phone can't pick out the details and exquisite mirror-polished finish.
No coatings to peel off here!

Iir3qtN.jpg

eRzyqJM.jpg

OIfoRbR.jpg

Here's some photos of the 'goose ready at the starting blocks.
I've bought an armored travel pod for it to keep safe in its travels.

Shaving: The final frontier.
These are the voyages of the razor: Mongoose!
Its 1-year mission, to explore strange new shave-dens.
To seek out new stubble and new whiskers.
To boldly go where no razor has gone before...
:D
YxfoLOs.jpg

Lv4JP1L.jpg

I'd like to get excited by this - but I can't. I'm last on the list! Were I first or second, I'd be whooping around - that is brilliant, Erik! Jolly well done, sir!

Edit: Oh! Second to last! Is that a stirring of excitement I feel?

Bechet45 said:
I'd like to get excited by this - but I can't. I'm last on the list!

Just a thought, but you could sell one of your Webers (is it only16 of them left), buy a Mongoose, and still come out money ahead on the deal. The Mongoose head is pretty interesting and you should try it. Not quite like a DE or SE.......sort of a hybrid.

I have decided it would be a great change of pace head, when stuck on the right handle.

Let's get that monkey chattering!!!!!!!!!

Martin

Oh, I am of course kidding about any Weber selling going on. Maybe moving one of your 50 brushes might be more realistic.

cheesepiece said:
Hope it's the satin finish coming round mine.

Nope, it's the polished. I've determined that while the polished is more photogenic, my skin prefers the satin finished.
So the satin is staying home with me while the flamboyant polished head is off travelling.

dodgy said:
Bechet45 said:
I'd like to get excited by this - but I can't. I'm last on the list!

Just a thought, but you could sell one of your Webers (is it only16 of them left), buy a Mongoose, and still come out money ahead on the deal. The Mongoose head is pretty interesting and you should try it. Not quite like a DE or SE.......sort of a hybrid.

I have decided it would be a great change of pace head, when stuck on the right handle.

Let's get that monkey chattering!!!!!!!!!

Martin

Oh, I am of course kidding about any Weber selling going on. Maybe moving one of your 50 brushes might be more realistic.

A new brush is in the offing as we speak - might just lift me over the one hundred mark or a step closer to it - not sure.

Strange innit? When I was not active in the forum for a few weeks, I accumulated roof fund money. That is all gone now and the account well into the red. I'm freezing my nuts off and he says to buy a Mongoose! I need a roof!!

The Great Snake Oil Merchant's suggestion has been spinning in my head all night and now I can't find one to buy! That does it! I will have one!!

I'm lost here - can't even think who makes them. Bullgoose and Classic? Please help a tortured soul. I WANT ONE! Where from?

Sorry Carl, they're not readily available at retail yet. Keep an eye on BST, the odd one has popped up now and then.
If you get really desperate, I can loan you my 2nd 'goose so you can scratch that itch. But it's NOT for sale.

I've updated the first post. The Mongoose is on its way to the 1st recipient! :D

Mr_Smartepants said:
If you get really desperate, I can loan you my 2nd 'goose so you can scratch that itch. But it's NOT for sale.

Thank you very kindly for your generous offer, Erik. Another similarly generous member has already offered and I've accepted. This is such a nice place!

See, Snake Oil Man? Your monkey is well and truly scratched!

I updated the first post with a visual guide on how to load a blade into the Mongoose.
Here it is again though...

How to load the mongoose...

1) Here are the pieces broken down.
dGJLntQ.jpg

2) Place the blade onto the top-cap and make sure the blade holes line up with the lugs on the top-cap like below.
hPw7TuI.jpg

3) Notice that the baseplate has matching holes for the lugs on the top-cap. It's VITAL that both are mated properly.
N7aIvlK.jpg

4) When the lugs are engaged properly, the threaded rod should be centered in the baseplate opening.
iFvRPbz.jpg

5) Here is a side shot of the head showing the blade correctly installed. Notice the back of the base plate is nearly flush with the back of the top-cap. Shave-ready!
LtHknoE.jpg

6) Here is a side shot of the head when the baseplate is NOT engaged correctly with the top-cap. Notice the offset between the plates and the blade edge protruding WAY too far. This is far too dangerous to shave with.
vwOGNo8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom