Closed Pass Around: Mongoose (Completed)

I have two Mongoose razors (one satin, one polished) and I plan on offering one up for TSR members to try out.
I will supply one box of Feather Pro blades and one box of Kai Titan Mild blades (each holds 20 blades) to start. This way each member can try one of each blade for comparison though you're free to use whatever compatible blade you want if you have your own. Each blade should last at least a week, so each member could hold on to the razor for no longer than 2 weeks before moving it on to the next on the list.
I will limit the list to a max of 20 members and then the razor will be returned to me by the last member on the list.
I may begin a new list after that (My option) but 20 people x 2 weeks each + RM transit time works out to be just under a year in total.

Usual rules apply, established members in good standing, minimum 30 posts for users. Members in the UK only please.

I will organize the list, simply posting "me too" will not guarantee inclusion.

Passing on will be by "Special Delivery Guaranteed" (signed-for/insured) via Royal Mail. That way if it goes missing then the last person to use it can normally claim compensation through the mail service and forward the reimbursement to me.
The razor cost me $160 each (about 110 GBP), so each member should be prepared to reimburse me this should RM refuses the loss/damage claim. "You break it...you bought it". ;)
Feel free to post your thoughts and experiences about the Mongoose razor below.

Razor to be cleaned and passed on shave ready for the next user.
Any damage to the razor should be reported to me immediately.
Agreed? Then post below to get the list started! Let the fun begin! :angel:

THE List:

1. fly3k
2. p.b
3. benthespaniel
4. Rebec911
5. cheesepiece
6. shiny
7. Hippo (had razor from April 1 to June 5)
8. ajh101 (pass)

9. jodypress
10.Derbian
11.pablo85
12.mattyb240
13.AndyMc133
14.stellablade
15.Omp
16.Tony.T
17.AlexNoodles
18.Dave-the-rave

19.SPH

Backup-list
Roy_Drage
papman

Iir3qtN.jpg

eRzyqJM.jpg

OIfoRbR.jpg

Shaving: The final frontier.
These are the voyages of the razor: Mongoose!
Its 1-year mission, to explore strange new shave-dens.
To seek out new stubble and new whiskers.
To boldly go where no razor has gone before...
YxfoLOs.jpg

Lv4JP1L.jpg

How to load the mongoose...

1) Here are the pieces broken down.
dGJLntQ.jpg

2) Place the blade onto the top-cap and make sure the blade holes line up with the lugs on the top-cap like below.
hPw7TuI.jpg

3) Notice that the baseplate has matching holes for the lugs on the top-cap. It's VITAL that both are mated properly.
N7aIvlK.jpg

4) When the lugs are engaged properly, the threaded rod should be centered in the baseplate opening.
iFvRPbz.jpg

5) Here is a side shot of the head showing the blade correctly installed. Notice the back of the base plate is nearly flush with the back of the top-cap. Shave-ready!
LtHknoE.jpg

6) Here is a side shot of the head when the baseplate is NOT engaged correctly with the top-cap. Notice the offset between the plates and the blade edge protruding WAY too far. This is far too dangerous to shave with.
vwOGNo8.jpg

Last edited:
RE: Pass Around: Mongoose!

Can I please be added to the list as follows?
1. Dobbo25
2. fly3k
3. ajh101
4. cheesepiece
5. hippo
6. Jodypress

Really interested how this stacks up against my Cobra Classic

Mr_Smartepants said:
I have ordered two Mongoose razors (one satin, one polished) and I plan on offering one up for TSR members to try out.

Let the fun begin! :angel:

Holy smokes, you are gonna make a bunch of people happy to have that monkey go away. That head really does need a test drive to see what's up and I would be curious about the reviews.

I am out of course but wanted to say thanks for doing that deal

fly3k said:
Looks like hairsuite got bumped off the list somewhere along the line?
No, Cyril is on the main list in the first post.

Hippo said:
I'd love to be added if I can :)
Sorry, I can't tell where you're from, and I don't know you. Please update your profile to include your location or send me a PM.

Guys, no need to make up your own lists in your posts. I'll maintain the list in the first post.
List in first post updated...

Hi Erik, I have one on order but it looks like being a while before I get it. So can you add me to your list please, if mine arrives before my turn comes around then I will get you to remove me. Cheers for the generous offer !!

An unbelievably generous offer, can I be considered for inclusion please - for info - Hairsuite and I both work together we could do week about at the same time, that would speed it up and appease our respective Yorkshire and Scottish frugality!

Back
Top Bottom