Closed Pass Around Gillette Super Adjustable waiting list and status

I still have both the Fatboy and the Super Adjustable pass round razors, many apologies for not having sent them on yet I wanted to try both of them and my new Merkur Progress 500 out on back to back shaves, but, I managed to hurt my hand last Sunday so haven't been able to do this yet. Will finish up with both pass rounds over the weekend and early next week then will pm the relevant people to pass them on.

Charlie

Well I've loved my time with this razor, so much so that it has been used more than my new Progress and I have bought my very own long handled version, see current acquisitions thread for that. I even, dare I say it, preferred it to the pass round Fatboy as I found the handle on that a little too short for my liking. I tried it with a variety of blades on a range of setting as far up as 6 for a heavy growth 1st pass, I wimped out on trying it any higher yet, it has performed superbly with every cream and soap I have tried it with, giving me my best shaves to date.

Thanks very much for this enabling opportunity and if you have never tried one I urge you to join this Pass Around.

Charlie

I've received this yesterday. Only now I realized it has been sent to me. Forgot to check up on this thread. I will have a couple of shaves with it and I will pass it on to the next person.

When I sent HDB a pm asking for his address he said he had already bought one and so was backing out the pass around I did assume he would post to that effect, but anyway thats why you got it after me

Just found out it's me, thanks for the PM kokain, I'm quite excited now and nervous at the same time. Nervous because if I like it, then that's something else that'll go on the ever increasing "I've got to have one" list.

Well this pass round certainly enabled the hell out of me and I ended up buying one albeit in the long handled version which I find better to use in my hands. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I would also suggest that if you do end being heavily enabled after trying you post in the BST forum to find one rather than ebay.

This has now been send to Taypsie...

After few shaves I gathered some thoughts on the super adjustable. It provides zero feedback, it just glides but you don't know if it's actually cutting. Some people may describe this as really smooth razor. It's pretty mild and maybe a notch behind DE89. What's funny is that there was not a huge difference between setting 9 and 1. Kinda disappointed from the adjustable range so far as people kept telling me to get one as it's the best of both worlds. Ideally whoever buys this should shave always at 9. The features I love about this is, it's my first butterfly loading razor, which is cool but more things to go wrong + it adds weight. Secondly the handle which has really great grip compared to anything I've tried. From the 2 adjustables I've tried, I would pick the Futur, but only because of a closer shave. I don't like that one either (bulky + weight). Hopefully the Fatboy train I'm on may be a good medium.

Back
Top Bottom