Closed Pass Around Gillette Super Adjustable waiting list and status

*Sweeney Todd* said:
Has anyone else found the TTO mech on this very stiff ??? On my first shave with this (which was very good I must add) I could only achieve the final quarter turn whilst holding the head and handle in a towel !! I've given it a 24 hour soak in baby oil since yesterday morning which has made little difference...... so any advice on how to free this up would be appreciated.
Also what do people think on the agressiveness compared to slim and fatboy ??

You need to loosen the doors before adjusting the mechanism. There was a thread yesterday about not soaking the razor in WD40 as it can damage the plastic internal parts. I hope it's not the same for the baby oil....

No baby oil is perfectly alright and I use it regularly on my own Slim and Fatboy and they are as slick as hell. I don't adjust while the doors are shut the final quarter turn is the lock down of the blade !!

Ok well I've shaved with this 3 times now and think I may add it to my collection as a Y1...... does it shave any better than my Fatboy or Slim ? I would probably say not but hey who cares I WANT ONE.....
I will be posting this on to P.b on Tuesday morning hopefully. I spent a few hours cleaning it and polishing it and have even oiled the mechanism and it is now working like a dream..... the TTO final quarter turn is working like new. I have also touched up the very tired looking numbers with the permission of its owner and all is looking pristine.
Enjoy !!!!! I HAVE

*Sweeney Todd* said:
Also what do people think on the agressiveness compared to slim and fatboy ??

Hi there,

Seems like all three versions have about the same, somewhat limited bite range. If you want something to be much more aggressive, a Progress or Futur would be good.

Martin

Well, I've shaved with it a few times now and I find it shaves very much like Martin's FatBoy i.e. too mild for me. Additionally, I find it rather head heavy and the handle is too thin (unlike the Fatboy which was spot-on.) The only advantage this razor has is that I could get a birth-year version but it would remain ornamental and I'm not into that so again the lending pool has saved me money :)

Thanks to LTB for making this available to TSR - much appreciated.

pgachapman: pls PM me your address and I'll post it on - Paul.

Just to let you know the razor arrived safe with me today. Il use it a few times and test her out and leave some feedback on it. Thanks again.

Meant ask about the blades. Are they for trial then add some of my blades into the mix??

Ok guys.

Have had this razor for 2 weeks now and find it very mild with little feed back. It does shave very well even at setting 9. But being honest I prefere my E J DE89. I am glad I tried it first so thanks to Loose the beard for this PIF. I did use a Merkur Future once on a PIF and really liked it so think I will get one of those. Id really like to try out a Merkur Progress or is it very similar to this Gillette. ??.

Anyways. Time for a new Participant or does the owner want it back..

Let me know please

Thanks again
Peter

Back
Top Bottom