Muhle R89 Jet DLC

Tall_Paul said:
pjgh said:
I already have an EJ DE89 - shiny, too, very much so. In fact, possibly the best chroming I've seen on a razor.

I do mean to buy into the Muhle synthetics after Christmas, so might well bag a tube of their cream and go for a stealth Muhle shave.

I've got both a smile :D and a ... what did I just buy? Furrowed brow.

Again, I've spent (a lot) more on (a lot) less ...

Yes. Assimilated. We are DLC.

I'm just chuffed to get another reminder of how my shaving hobby has saved me a fortune since switching from disposables and tinned crap.

Oh, wait...................:icon_eek:

Funny but true

Mine has turned up.
Nice finish on the head and the rubber coating on the handle feels nice, but it is just a bit too small for me and I won't be using it.

Shame they didn't offer a 'Grande' option.

Well, I guess it was always going to be an 89, now wasn't it? I like the rubber handle which is, of course, was too short for me. What surprises me is that the head isn't man enoough to look well on a variety of handles that show off a Weber DLC to perfection. I had already asked daz to make me a wee little handle and that choice is confimed.

The coating is so thin it cannot posssibly change the characteristics of the razor so we can predict a very mild shave - which I shall test in the morning with the freebie Derby supplied.

It's black and a little bit sexy but pales in the shadow of the mighty Weber DLC. It don't got cajones is what it don't got!

How wrong can I be? Humble pie duly eaten! What a brilliant shave!

The short handle lasted only for the first stroke because thhis razor needs respect! I put on a Templ8 Fencing Handle and enjoyed a cracking shave - turned out to be BBS though I wasn't trying for one. This is a great razor with enough bite to need respect and enough blade exposure to get a Derby singing - great audio feedback.

I shall indeed purchase a handle suitable for it and my hands and be highly pleased with this as a razor.

Shaved with mine as well last night, paired with the old OSS handle and a new Astra SP.
6 days growth gone in 3 passes. BBS results.
A nice smooth shave, no irritation and no sting with the Alum.
What more do you need?

But.....

I don't think it is any better than my EJ89.

Is the DLC worth the extra over a EJ89?
IMHO - No. For me, they both give excellent shaves and I can't tell the difference between them.

As always - YMMV.

Re: RE: Muhle R89 Jet DLC

U

Treb said:
MrK1 said:
Is the DLC worth the extra over a EJ89?

I bought the DLC purely for its eye candy factor.

I bought it partly for the looks and partly for the DLC that I had heard so much about. For me, the coating hasn't added anything to the shave.

Glad I didn't go mad and buy a Weber DLC for silly money.

Now, how do I get my OSS handle to match it?

Back
Top Bottom