Muhle R89 Jet DLC

Dipesh said:
pjgh said:
I resisted ... Connaught's post opened up the debate in my mind again. Should I ... shouldn't I? Hmmm ...

If I can sell an under-used boutique car wax tonight, that'll be my answer - it'll adequately cover this razor.

I'm in the same predicament. I know I won't keep hold of it though!

Hurry up and sell out will you.

... selling Swissvax waxes could give me a number of opportunities, although it could also springboard me up into the better end of the straight razors. Glass jar Dodos are appreciating so I'll keep them; that, and I use them regularly.

Tell you what, mate - you buy one, enjoy it, then sell it to me for half the price. You recoup half of your costs and I don't feel the pinch. We both win ... honest :D

pjgh said:
Dipesh said:
pjgh said:
I resisted ... Connaught's post opened up the debate in my mind again. Should I ... shouldn't I? Hmmm ...

If I can sell an under-used boutique car wax tonight, that'll be my answer - it'll adequately cover this razor.

... selling Swissvax waxes could give me a number of opportunities, although it could also springboard me up into the better end of the straight razors. Glass jar Dodos are appreciating so I'll keep them; that, and I use them regularly.

Tell you what, mate - you buy one, enjoy it, then sell it to me for half the price. You recoup half of your costs and I don't feel the pinch. We both win ... honest :D

Glass jar dodo's appreciating? Well there's something I didn't expect. What do they go for these days? Does Dom fill them back up?

Dipesh said:
Too late. I've broken down an bought one. Wonder how long I'll have it for?!

Yay! First dibs when you sell :D

Dipesh said:
pjgh said:
Dipesh said:
pjgh said:

Glass jar dodo's appreciating? Well there's something I didn't expect. What do they go for these days? Does Dom fill them back up?

... they go for mental prices now. In good condition, the core four can pull £80 plus now. Mint, over £100. Getting more by the day, give or take how much interest is drummed up on forums.

I have that mythical "only one in the world" glass jar of Supernatural, which I am certain I will never part with. I also have a glass jar of Purple Haze Pro! Both stickered and batch coded, Dom will verify.

I have been offered £1000 for the Supernatural ... at a time when we actually really needed it. Was I daft not to let it go?

No, they don't (and won't) refill them.

Why, do you have any? If you're looking to sell, their own forums are the place to do it. You'll get top notch re-imbursement there. There are some serious collectors now. Even their odd sideline waxes like Crystal Noir are being chased for silly prices ... and they were in the 30ml panel pots. The old V1 Supernatural panel pots are pulling some daft prices, despite being ... well, a bit crap.

Collectors, eh?

pjgh said:
Dipesh said:

Yay! First dibs when you sell :D

Dipesh said:
pjgh said:
Dipesh said:
pjgh said:

... they go for mental prices now. In good condition, the core four can pull £80 plus now. Mint, over £100. Getting more by the day, give or take how much interest is drummed up on forums.

I have that mythical "only one in the world" glass jar of Supernatural, which I am certain I will never part with. I also have a glass jar of Purple Haze Pro! Both stickered and batch coded, Dom will verify.

I have been offered £1000 for the Supernatural ... at a time when we actually really needed it. Was I daft not to let it go?

No, they don't (and won't) refill them.

Why, do you have any? If you're looking to sell, their own forums are the place to do it. You'll get top notch re-imbursement there. There are some serious collectors now. Even their odd sideline waxes like Crystal Noir are being chased for silly prices ... and they were in the 30ml panel pots. The old V1 Supernatural panel pots are pulling some daft prices, despite being ... well, a bit crap.

Collectors, eh?

Madness Paul. I sold a load because I found the performance of the newer stuff to be better than the glass jar ones. I found soft to be too grainy and hard to be too hard!

I do have a few limited editions, dodo double, rubbish boys original and juiced, Austin to name a few.

I'll need to nip back to my parents and see what's left over...

These days, I'm just happy with #16. They still make it don't they?!

I believe they do ... #26 was always one of my "to go" waxes. Today, I use the original glass jar Orange Crush most on our classic convertible. Lovely wax. I really rate the original glass pots. RBJE has been re-issued, but the original RBJE and original RBOE don't seem to have budged in price. The new one seems to catch more. Likewise, RFR has had a 'Pro' makeover in glass - £80 retail. That one is going to "improve".

Yeah, nip back, get 'em sold and buy more razors :D

pjgh said:
I believe they do ... #26 was always one of my "to go" waxes. Today, I use the original glass jar Orange Crush most on our classic convertible. Lovely wax. I really rate the original glass pots. RBJE has been re-issued, but the original RBJE and original RBOE don't seem to have budged in price. The new one seems to catch more. Likewise, RFR has had a 'Pro' makeover in glass - £80 retail. That one is going to "improve".

Yeah, nip back, get 'em sold and buy more razors :D

Oh, this does sound intriguing. I'm going to check out CYC :)

I'm a brush man Paul, you know that!

Obsessional collectors ... fluctuating commodity prices ... buying, selling to feed the fix ... to buy this 'ere DLC!

Seems sufficiently on topic for me, but I'll slap myself across the wrist nevertheless ... "Basil!" :D

It was a brief sideline in enabling ... although he already enabled himself; perhaps it was more about enabling me.

Indeed, Dipesh. Brush man. I knew that. I'm the ball end Gillette man.

[EDIT: I've bought one myself now ... gentle encouragement was the key]

Dipesh said:

Good man, resistance is futile.

Picard_as_Locutus.jpg

Still sucking my teeth in, working on that sale of a superfluous wax ... drinking Mount Gay and Ginger Wine. It'll happen. It will. Resistance IS futile.

Before my teeth fall out ...

... I bought one. I mean, you're only young once. I'm middle aged and didn't buy that Porsche ... for good reason, I'm a SAAB pilot and they're miles better :D

Anyway, a black, bog standard 89 is coming my way now, courtesy of our man at Connaught. Send me a good one, eh?

pjgh said:
Still sucking my teeth in, working on that sale of a superfluous wax ... drinking Mount Gay and Ginger Wine. It'll happen. It will. Resistance IS futile.

Before my teeth fall out ...

... I bought one. I mean, you're only young once. I'm middle aged and didn't buy that Porsche ... for good reason, I'm a SAAB pilot and they're miles better :D

Anyway, a black, bog standard 89 is coming my way now, courtesy of our man at Connaught. Send me a good one, eh?

:D Someone else who has been assimilated into the Muhle collective!

I already have an EJ DE89 - shiny, too, very much so. In fact, possibly the best chroming I've seen on a razor.

I do mean to buy into the Muhle synthetics after Christmas, so might well bag a tube of their cream and go for a stealth Muhle shave.

I've got both a smile :D and a ... what did I just buy? Furrowed brow.

Again, I've spent (a lot) more on (a lot) less ...

Yes. Assimilated. We are DLC.

pjgh said:
I already have an EJ DE89 - shiny, too, very much so. In fact, possibly the best chroming I've seen on a razor.

I do mean to buy into the Muhle synthetics after Christmas, so might well bag a tube of their cream and go for a stealth Muhle shave.

I've got both a smile :D and a ... what did I just buy? Furrowed brow.

Again, I've spent (a lot) more on (a lot) less ...

Yes. Assimilated. We are DLC.

I'm just chuffed to get another reminder of how my shaving hobby has saved me a fortune since switching from disposables and tinned crap.

Oh, wait...................:icon_eek:

Back
Top Bottom