Mixing my own soap

Urban Hermit said:
Still not received mine. Waiting - relatively patiently.

:cry: oh, i sent you a Lime Lavender hybrid cake.....if it doesn't show up John, then let me know and i will send another.....

Sorry about that matey, but i imagine royal mail is a right royal chaos right now :? :?

sunburyboy93 said:
Urban Hermit said:
Still not received mine. Waiting - relatively patiently.

:cry: oh, i sent you a Lime Lavender hybrid cake.....if it doesn't show up John, then let me know and i will send another.....

Sorry about that matey, but i imagine royal mail is a right royal chaos right now :? :?

Me too. Which is mostly why I haven't been adding to the chaos by pestering them, or asking if/when it had been posted. I phoned the sorting substation the other day, and My Mate Dave said they "should have it all caught up by this weekend" meaning the weekend just past. I spoke to Martin the Wonder Postie on Saturday (I think) and he said no way, maybe by the first week of January.

Well Steve, I did it properly today. Microwaved the soap, used a drier brush and had a much better lathering experience, no worries on that score. The narrow razor didn't make a great deal of difference though, so my comments on the slipperiness stand. Right now I can't just make up my mind whether I should go for the lime or the rose ...

Want to produce a Shave Soap in the range that has some of the properties and the nice Scent of MWF, i have ordered some Pure Lanolin to replace the Shea Butter in my soap formula and the Olive and Castor oils should work well with it in the mix.

Problem is the scent, some Fragrance Oils that might be similar are "Cotton Fresh" "Baby Powder" any other Soap Makers got any hints about the scent ?

quattrojames said:
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive too :roll:

On the plus side, the wife's Christmas present came today, which I begrudgingly accept as being more important ....

sorry about that matey, Royal mail i guess, i was doing a batch of rose soap today so i did two spare so i will send to you and Urban Hermit

:D Just shaved with the one you sent in the tinfoil case...lime? well not much to add mate,very much like the first sample you sent me,lathered lovely and thick/slick..Well done on creating a bloody good soap mate..I will be back after the xmas madness for some. :shave

Why i have been a bit quiet recently, hope it all goes ok........... :?

House smells lovely, GF not amused :? :? :?

0180429e.jpg

7e6594e0.jpg

976bf2a3.jpg

AS A NOTE TO EVERONE THAT HAS SHOWN INTEREST IN THE ROSEMARY, TEA TREE & LAVENDER

Rosemary Essential Oil has been added to this Soap but Rosemary can cause itchiness, irritation, and redness on people with sensitive skin, i have only used a very very small amout in my soap, far below the general guidelines for using the Oil.

I have been using it along with my dad and we have had no irritation, but i'm still worried about it so i have decided to put that one on hold while i do some more research (better to be safe than sorry)

However i have made a Peppermint and Tea Tree soap yesterday and now it has hardened and is completley cold, it smells really nice :D :shave (maybe one for the "Coates Cream" Lovers.

I can substitute that for the ROSEMARY, TEA TREE & LAVENDER if the people that have shown interest in it are ok with that ?

Steve

Back
Top Bottom