Mixing my own soap

sunburyboy93 said:
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM !!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The last soap i sent out is missing some of the ingredients that provide glide and, just found the mixture i was going to add into the soap hidden in my fridge, so i don't know how the Lavender lime hybrid will perform, let me know :? :? :? :? :?
(may still perform ok ???)

I AM VERY SORRY CHAPS :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

(Please don't lose faith, i will get there in the end.....just me being a dick head trying to do too many things at once at a busy time of year !)

Steve

will make some of the lavender again today will ALL the ingredients in it and send a.s.a.p

What are the odds that somebody prefers this batch? :lol:

quattrojames said:
I used the SOC brush tonight (see seperate thread :roll: ) and the lather wasn't outstanding, but I'm more than prepared to blame the brush for that!

Still with the rose sample, but I used the 2211 tonight, and the was very impressed. The lather quality was outstanding, very smooth and cushioning - the only hard soap I can compare it to is MB's which is was on a parr with.

I've got a couple of shaves left in the bowl I think, but I'm already looking forward to trying the lime next.

Well it looks like i'm going to be the first.
The Lavender & Lime, what can i say, Someone said earlier i bet someone comes on and says even though there are elements missing they think its the best one.
Well all i can say is If you put all the ingredients in how much better can it get. Equally as good as mama bears,In fact this one with the added stuff to make it easier to load the brush makes it better in that respect than Mama bears. It produced huge amounts of nice thick stable Lather, and I believe It was as slick as anything i have used so far.It appeared to give good cushioning, and left my face nice and soft after the shave. The result of the shave was excellent, close and irritation free, and that's not bad considering it is the first couple of shave with my new English Rocket with a new 7 o'clock Green.
Well That was the positives, now for the negatives. The scent was lovely, I really do like lime, however i have never had a Lavender soap and i was quite looking forward to the mix of lime and lavender. I couldn't smell much if any lavender Steve. But that is about it. I would definitely like to try the one with all the ingredients in Because if it improves on this without loosing anything, it could quite easily be the best soap out there.
Very very well done Steve.

heroblob said:
The Lavender & Lime, what can i say, Someone said earlier i bet someone comes on and says even though there are elements missing they think its the best one.
Well all i can say is If you put all the ingredients in how much better can it get. Equally as good as mama bears,In fact this one with the added stuff to make it easier to load the brush makes it better in that respect than Mama bears. It produced huge amounts of nice thick stable Lather, and I believe It was as slick as anything i have used so far.It appeared to give good cushioning, and left my face nice and soft after the shave. The result of the shave was excellent, close and irritation free, and that's not bad considering it is the first couple of shave with my new English Rocket with a new 7 o'clock Green.
Well That was the positives, now for the negatives. The scent was lovely, I really do like lime, however i have never had a Lavender soap and i was quite looking forward to the mix of lime and lavender. I couldn't smell much if any lavender Steve. But that is about it. I would definitely like to try the one with all the ingredients in Because if it improves on this without loosing anything, it could quite easily be the best soap out there.

Cheers HB,

Wel i did run out of lavender when making the scent, so added a bit of lime, as you know lime is pungent so it seemed to take over the Lavender, well have no rear i have now had lavender delivered, will be making a few 100 gram pots of the following scents Tuesday onwards..

following scents will be available:

Lime
Rose (have some really nice & expensive !! Oil now so it will smell nicer than the rose samples sent)
Lavender
Rosemary, Tea Tree and Lavender (Nice Smell with a Small Menthol Kick)
Bay Rum
Unscented (No Scent or Colour)

Will be a Menthol one but still waiting for the Menthol Oils to arrive

if anyone wants one, just PM me......

heroblob said:

Anyone else had chance to have a play with the latest batch ? :D

First post for a wee while this morning Steve, glad to say the sample arrived safely, although the foil cake dish was bent nearly double. I hope to give it a try in the morning & will get back to you in a couple of days if that's okay. Based on the previous samples can you put me down for a jar, lavender if possible, if not then anything not menthol. Thnks M8.

JohnnyO. ;)

Just as a sidenote, just by reading some reviews & watching vids, seems some people don't know how to lather, but seem unaware that what they are producing is not good for shaving, if you see this vid of a Glycerine Shaving Soap, what this guy produces is thin watery foam, but he seems happy with it :? :? :? :
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvovpvGndE[/youtube]

As i want people to get the best from my soap, i want people to lather it properly, have a look at this little "How To" leaflet i will be including with the soap ...

What do you think ?:
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad235/sunburyboy93/SoapInstructions.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday. "Oh goody", I thought, "Confectionery"! - but stopped myself just in time.

I didn't have a very good lather making experience, at first anyway, but that was all my fault. Every last bowl, ramekin, petri dish and tin hat in the house is now full of soap or so it seems so I didn't microwave the soap with the result that it slid around a lot in my lathering bowl. Also I left too much water in the brush. Eventually however the lather was just as good as the previous versions, thick and glossy.

My comments on the shave quality are pretty much as before - this is a very good soap - but I did notice the omission of the lubricating ingredients and would have liked some more slip. This was perhaps particularly noticeable with a wide razor which can drag a bit at the best of times during the low angle against the grain pass, so to be fair to you Steve I'll have another go with a 4/8 tonight. Once again, the post shave feel is particularly good, and there was no sign of irritation. The scent (and colour, incidentally) meets with my approval: whilst the lime dominates the lavender is still detectable, and it's a surprisingly good combination.

This is ready to market, and deserves to succeed. I like the leaflet and agree with the content - just recently I've been using some soaps which need quite a lot of hydration, which explains why I overdid it last night, and if I'd read that beforehand there wouldn't have been a problem.

nice one....

Cheers Matey :D

my dad (25 year Electric razor Man) has been (with my assistance as lather man) using my soaps for his last dozen shaves, he likes them, although i might not convert him back to a Wet Razor, i have bought him a Merkur Futur, Badger Brush, Bowl, etc to go with his crimbo stuff :D

Well i need a lab rat close by for testing.........bless him ;) ;) ;)

I used the soap this morning Steve & will get back to you with a full report when I use it all up in a coupla days. I still like it & possibly of more interest to you since I believee you mentioned the EOs at some earlier point, I have no skin reactions at all with any of your soap samples thus far. Since I can break out in raised red weals in the presence of a trigger scent without ever applying it this should mean that you're well on the safe side as far as the EO content is concerned.

JohnnyO. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom