Mixing my own soap

quattrojames said:
Better late than never I tried mine tonight :D

I'm super impressed with how 20 secs in the microwave makes it melt across the bottom of the pot! So much easier than trying to lather the normal sample sized lump of soap!

I tried the Rose scent tonight, very nice scent, I wouldn't mind it a bit stronger, but I appreciate I'm a but atypical in liking very strongly scented soap. I used the SOC brush tonight (see seperate thread :roll: ) and the lather wasn't outstanding, but I'm more than prepared to blame the brush for that!

Nice soap Steve, I'll look forward to trying the lime in the next couple of days, and the lavender in due course.

I havent used a Boar brush with it only badger, the Lavender lime one should be with everone soon, that should be a lot easier to lather that my others......hope the latest one meets with approval as if it does, i have huge amounts of ingredients waiting to be turned into Shaving soaps, will add a Tea Tree and rosemary one and a Eucalyptus and peppermint super menthol one :D :D :D

sunburyboy93 said:
quattrojames said:
Better late than never I tried mine tonight :D

I'm super impressed with how 20 secs in the microwave makes it melt across the bottom of the pot! So much easier than trying to lather the normal sample sized lump of soap!

I tried the Rose scent tonight, very nice scent, I wouldn't mind it a bit stronger, but I appreciate I'm a but atypical in liking very strongly scented soap. I used the SOC brush tonight (see seperate thread :roll: ) and the lather wasn't outstanding, but I'm more than prepared to blame the brush for that!

Nice soap Steve, I'll look forward to trying the lime in the next couple of days, and the lavender in due course.

I havent used a Boar brush with it only badger, the Lavender lime one should be with everone soon, that should be a lot easier to lather that my others......hope the latest one meets with approval as if it does, i have huge amounts of ingredients waiting to be turned into Shaving soaps, will add a Tea Tree and rosemary one and a Eucalyptus and peppermint super menthol one :D :D :D

Well Steve if you need another tester I like my menthol bump in the mornings............. ;) ;)

Mine arrived this morning. Lavender & lime has been gently melted into a ramekin using the pre mentioned bain marie method. Smells lovely.Only problem was that the postman typically arrived just as i was finishing a macca root shave. :cry:, so it will have to wait a couple of days. Until my face lets me get near it with a razor again.
Looks good though Steve. :D

heroblob said:
Mine arrived this morning. Lavender & lime has been gently melted into a ramekin using the pre mentioned bain marie method. Smells lovely.Only problem was that the postman typically arrived just as i was finishing a macca root shave. :cry:, so it will have to wait a couple of days. Until my face lets me get near it with a razor again.

Good to see they are arriving slowly across the land, let me know how you get on, will be spending today in the warm formulating my menthol soap and tea Tree and rosemary Soap

Do you boys like the smell of proraso ?, as that will give me something to base the menthol one on

Steve

sunburyboy93 said:
heroblob said:

Good to see they are arriving slowly across the land, let me know how you get on, will be spending today in the warm formulating my menthol soap and tea Tree and rosemary Soap

Do you boys like the smell of proraso ?, as that will give me something to base the menthol one on

Steve

When is your soap going on sale? I think I saw £5 mentioned somewhere for a tub.

Parwin said:
sunburyboy93 said:
heroblob said:

Steve

When is your soap going on sale? I think I saw £5 mentioned somewhere for a tub.

Depending on what feedback i get on the latest batch, i will start making it next week, and yes it would be £5.00 plus Postage for a 100 Gram Tub....

Steve ;)

sunburyboy93 said:
heroblob said:

Steve

I am a fan of Proraso, love the wake up aspect of it.............if you get close to that Steve, I would be interested. You making soft soaps or hard ones?
Steve

missingskin said:
sunburyboy93 said:
heroblob said:

Steve

I am a fan of Proraso, love the wake up aspect of it.............if you get close to that Steve, I would be interested. You making soft soaps or hard ones?
Steve

Soaps are glycerine base so similar to mama Bears, Conks etc, mine are slightly harder as they contain extra oils and butters and some of those produce a harder soap...

am working on scents this weekend so watch this space

Steve

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM !!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The last soap i sent out is missing some of the ingredients that provide glide and, just found the mixture i was going to add into the soap hidden in my fridge, so i don't know how the Lavender lime hybrid will perform, let me know :? :? :? :? :?
(may still perform ok ???)

I AM VERY SORRY CHAPS :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

(Please don't lose faith, i will get there in the end.....just me being a dick head trying to do too many things at once at a busy time of year !)

Steve

will make some of the lavender again today will ALL the ingredients in it and send a.s.a.p

Back
Top Bottom