Closed Merkur Futur Pass Around

So, as asked for here's my review of not only my first shave with this razor but also my first DE shave.

Prep - bath.
Pre - homemade pre shave oil.
Soap - Alphyandbecs cedarwood, grapefruit and amber.
Brush - 404 face lathered.
Razor - futur
Blade - derby extra
Passes - 3, w, x, a.
Post - homemade shave balm.

So very smooth first pass, wierd trying to find out the tricky angles as used to shaving with a straight.

2nd pass across was also good, not as smooth. Think I regressed to cartridge mode and pressed to hard.

3rd pass was very uncomftable. Blade felt like it was blunt. Wrong angles on my neck, few weepers, razor burn!

Should've just stayed at 2 pass.

Will try a different blade next time.

Could quite easily get used to de shaving.

Pablo,
What did you have the Futur set too for each pass? I found that it was more agreeable to dial it down after each pass. I found two passes was enough , it seems to cut very close!
glad you enjoyed most of your first DE.

Happy shaving
Adam

Had it on 1 the whole time.
Had very little growth from yesterday.
2 does seem enough.
Am I right in thinking that the thick/longer the growth the higher the number?
Thanks.

I bought the r89 from the bst. Had the best 3 pass shave last night. No rash, nicks etc. smooth, clean and beautiful. May be a de convert and save the straight for when I have more time.

I can't wait to get my hands on this.

I'm becoming more of an addict, I've got an SE, OC, and a shavette all sat in the house waiting for their first run out, but this beaut comes first.

Grow out for a couple of days and await our good old friends at the Royal Mail.

Received :)

Will have a couple blasts with it over the next few days, and get it out to the next on the list during the next week.

Can OkeyDokey get in touch with forwarding details please? I'm on mobile and for some reason I can't find you on search

Cheers

MarkKevers said:
Received :)

Can OkeyDokey get in touch with forwarding details please? I'm on mobile and for some reason I can't find you on search

pm sent, I am looking forward to this, had a bit of an anti-climax with the Merkur slant this morning

Back
Top Bottom