Closed Merkur Futur Pass Around

Re: RE: Merkur Futur Pass Around

Okeydokey said:
MarkKevers said:
Received :)

Can OkeyDokey get in touch with forwarding details please? I'm on mobile and for some reason I can't find you on search

pm sent, I am looking forward to this, had a bit of an anti-climax with the Merkur slant this morning

That was my experience, I did love the Futur though, so much so that I acquired one... Dick ought to be getting brown envelopes post marked Solingen.

First shave with this today, not too sure what to think...

It's clearly a whisker whacker put it that way! Not a problem chipping through 4 days growth.

Left me with a very smooth shave after 3 passes. Now 2 hours later and I'm developing a redness around my neck, with a few patches of razor burn. I don't know what to put this down as, first shave on a blade (2nd and 3rd are normally the best for me), larger than normal growth, poor tekkers maybe, I don't know.

Round 2 in a couple days, see if anything changes.

I had it on 2 for the WTG pass, which was immediately letting me know it was there, so for the next 2 passes I toned it down to 1.5, much more confortable

Can okie dokie confirm when this is received please? I'm getting slightly concerned about the brilliant service that is the Royal Mail. I have retained proof of posting

Sorry mate I can confirm receipt, am really in two minds about the razor, I keep giving it another go before commenting on the experience.

I believe its rowlers next, if you read this let me have your address pm's as well:

I have me 50th coming up and promised meself something like this... still not sure though, I keep mucking around with the setting, it doesn't click into place so differences are subtle. At the setting #2 it gives a good shave but not a fifty quid good shave. I like the noise as the blade gets exposed but I get great noise from the SE, or the OC.

Anyways, jury is still out. I will pass it on for brevities sake and reflect with out it :)

Meant to post this a couple of days ago...
So, 1st shave the future had 3 days growth to clear. It destroyed it with ease @ #2, making a nice sound along the way.
I was left with a clean, smooth comfortable shave.
But it is such a beast of a razor, the head, the blade change, the adjustment - I found all of this a pain in the ass.
The weight is not an issue.
So whilst I can see why some love it, its not for me, I can get the same results with my Progress/Weber/37c/DE89, so I've no need for this.
Thanks for the opportunity though!
Whoever is next in line please PM me & I'll get it sent on....

Re: RE: Merkur Futur Pass Around

rowlers said:
Meant to post this a couple of days ago...
So, 1st shave the future had 3 days growth to clear. It destroyed it with ease @ #2, making a nice sound along the way.
I was left with a clean, smooth comfortable shave.
But it is such a beast of a razor, the head, the blade change, the adjustment - I found all of this a pain in the ass.
The weight is not an issue.
So whilst I can see why some love it, its not for me, I can get the same results with my Progress/Weber/37c/DE89, so I've no need for this.
Thanks for the opportunity though!
Whoever is next in line please PM me & I'll get it sent on....

That'll be me rowlers. Will PM you shortly. Thx

Bugger! I was really looking forward to trying this... Grrr.. How was it sent? if standard class then compensation up to £20 can be claimed and maybe contributed towards another? It'd be a shame to see this pass around stop.

Back
Top Bottom