Closed Merkur Futur Pass Around

Having first informed Dick, I have a confession to make:

In trying to rectify a bend in the baseplate of the razor, I have broken the futur. :(

Apologies to those below me in the list.

However, I intend to buy a new razor at the end of the month and (after I have had a go with it) will offer it out to those who wish to try it out too.

Glad to hear your enthusiasm Who's the Daddy!

Whatdya think, should I piggie-back on this thread or create a new post? We'll see how many bite. Anyone's welcome to participate.

Just a comment: Unlike Norfolkdick, I do appreciate this razor. I've given it a fair run for three years, almost permanently set on 2.5 (out of 0.5-6.5). I've taken care of it and it's taken care of me. It's a wonderfully effective tool. With respect it provides an excellent shave. That being said, I won't cry if it dies or disappears, but of course, please respect this lent razor. I wouldn't mind getting it back in good shape some day.

Snap cap: I've read many clumsy guys fear or have been cut replacing blades. I'm dumb founded. I think the snap-cap is a brilliant design. One end is extended slightly. I hold the Futur in one hand and snap the appropriate end of the cap with a thumb. I've never cut myself and don't understand how one would.

The list as of 20 May 2015:

* Alex Face -- cleaning
* Whosthedaddy

Wow, never drawn to the looks of this razor but certainly don't judge a book by its cover. This thing was awesome!

Started for first 2 strokes on 4 before finishing rest of pass on 6 and loved it. Didn't find it aggressive or harsh at all, very smooth in fact. Remaining passes were on 4 and 3 to see how the lower numbers polished off the shave, and they did with great results.

Under the nose, not an issue with some side to side action and a tiny ATG to get the last few stragglers. No issue there.

Only criticism I can see is the loading mechanism, not overly keen on the snap lid? Wonder if over time being too vigorous or heavy handed you could break it or it could become loose?

Overall, I like it a lot.

LPL and Cade cream
Futur
Shark (2)
Cocoa butter

Attachments

• IMG_20150604_081738_1.jpg
    IMG_20150604_081738_1.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 16
Whosthedaddy said:
Wow, never drawn to the looks of this razor but certainly don't judge a book by its cover. This thing was awesome!

Started for first 2 strokes on 4 before finishing rest of pass on 6 and loved it. Didn't find it aggressive or harsh at all, very smooth in fact. Remaining passes were on 4 and 3 to see how the lower numbers polished off the shave, and they did with great results.

Under the nose, not an issue with some side to side action and a tiny ATG to get the last few stragglers. No issue there.

Only criticism I can see is the loading mechanism, not overly keen on the snap lid? Wonder if over time being too vigorous or heavy handed you could break it or it could become loose?

Overall, I like it a lot.

LPL and Cade cream
Futur
Shark (2)
Cocoa butter
When stripped down and cleaned. Load blade, and holding razor so numbers face you,
place top cap with indent always to LHS, line up holes,and then using a finger on each
side of cap,gently press in place. Always Works for me, no force needed.
Must use it again, currently hooked on SE razors. Enjoy the Futur, and get a Progress.
Mike
PS Use a Polsilver Si or Rapira Swede.

Back
Top Bottom