Closed Merkur Futur Pass Around

The razor arrived today. Well, it probably arrived a few days ago but it can take a while to get to my desk.

Looking forward to giving it a whirl in the morning! David, if you PM me your address I'll pop it in the post in a week.

First impressions from this morning:
Never used anything but my HD before and wanted to get a grip on what blade exposure meant to feel.
Left cheek @ 1 - OK
Right cheek @ 7 - Close and a little scary feeling.

Continued to do a 3 pass shave at 3.5. Close but painful. Probably the closest I've had.

I have a couple of ideas - to dial down to 2 for a 3 pass shave, to dial up and go for a two pass then down to 1 or 2 to touch up or to give up early and post it on.

I'll post back in a few days once I've had a little more practice.

Many thanks to norfolkdick / TSR / lending pool. Have enjoyed the opportunity to try this out for a week. Now I know it's not one for me, and the monkey is off my back.

Can superflyguy please PM with with your address and I'll get the Futur out to you after a nice soak in the Barbasol.

Had my first run out with this on Saturday. Popped in a Rapira Swedish Supersteel then set about adjusting to 3. My finger slipped and the resulting 1cm cut dripped blood all over the sink! D'oh
First impressions:
Love the look // Don't like the feel - slippery when wet!
Blade really 'sings' // No feedback from the handle
Easy to let the weight of the razor do the work // Hard to get under the nose

In short a mixed bag but I was very happy with the shave. Not sure I'd buy one - at the moment

I've had three shaves now. All have been excellent. The latest was a really good 2 pass BBS. Futur set at 2.5. I can really tell the difference between this and my R89. Whilst I love the shave, look and the singing blade I can't get on with the head, it's just too bulk, and the handle is too slippy to allow me to shave with much confidence (maybe that's a good thing).

I'll give it another couple of runs over the weekend and then pass on to Uncle B.

Happy shaving
Adam.

Hi I would like to be added to the list, thanks for the opportunity Dick

Hey Pablo, you have to let us know how you are getting on, should be quite an interesting insight

Back
Top Bottom