Maggie Thatcher Passes Away.

John said:
So that's what she looks like without her makeup on!! :icon_razz:

This is what she'll look like shortly:

brownbox-ashes_category.jpg

Wonder if they'll use British coal?

Please don't ban me, I'm only just back! :angel:

Am I the only one who thinks that it is massively disrespectful to celebrate anyone's death? If it were someone's family member, you wouldn't drag up things which happened years ago.. That he's death has not stopped anything else from occurring compared to her leaving politics years ago. I appreciate that I didn't live through her regime, and I don't yet take party sides as parties change their policies so much these days... But to be fair celebrating anyone's death is quite a nasty thing to do.
Disagree with anyone you like for good reason and voice said opinions if you see fit, but say that the world is a better place without their influence rather than without their life.
Regards
Rodders

Rjstoz said:
Am I the only one who thinks that it is massively disrespectful to celebrate anyone's death? If it were someone's family member, you wouldn't drag up things which happened years ago.. That he's death has not stopped anything else from occurring compared to her leaving politics years ago. I appreciate that I didn't live through her regime, and I don't yet take party sides as parties change their policies so much these days... But to be fair celebrating anyone's death is quite a nasty thing to do.
Disagree with anyone you like for good reason and voice said opinions if you see fit, but say that the world is a better place without their influence rather than without their life.
Regards
Rodders

margaret thatcher had no respect for the communities and peoples lives she destroyed so im fine with being disrespectful. she knew what she was doing at the time and the effect it would have on lives but was a cold faced bitch about it. she was a horrible cow and the contempt for her in death is totally justified as far as im concerned, i can square my disrespect with god.

What I would say about respect for Margret Thatcher, during the miners strike in my neck of the woods South Wales because of her policies and actions there where people actually killed for breaking the strike and returning to work, even today old wounds still exist families broken apart divisions created, can you imagine the family of the miner killed by two other miners, how do you think his Family and children feel about Margret Thatcher, communities even today feel utterly repulsed and even sickened at the mention of her name, the nearest Pit to my home town Tower colliery was closed down deemed non profitable, but low and behold one year later it reopened bought out by the miners themselves and then carried on producing profitable coal for the next 13 years closing down in 2008, I would take it a step further, the BBC Wales would be insensitive to broadcast her funeral in Wales in my opinion, I'm a proud son and Grandson and Great Grandson from a long line of miners, my Father was killed during a mining explosion in Tower Colliery in 1963, I know how hard and tough the lives of these Men where etched in their faces most families in the valleys have a family member who's riddled with dust or as been killed in a mining accident.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/margaret-thatcher-memories-welsh-coalfield-2593166

Jamie.

Re: RE: Maggie Thatcher Passes Away.

Rjstoz said:
Regards
Rodders

I have to agree. While I am too young to remember alot of what went on and the fact I don't agree with most of her policy's I think it is horrific that people have been partying because of her death. She was a wife and mother and at the end of the day they have lost someone. How would people feel if all the negative things were brought up if it was your loved one. Just shows how crazy things have gotten in my view....

Back
Top Bottom