Ikon Slant

blackrat said:
Got some bad news this morning.......the dreaded grey card from the post office!
£26.99 to pay inc £8 handling. I gambled, I lost.

I suspect this $150 razor is going to be priced at £150 in the UK. If your total comes to less than that you're still ahead AND you have it to use tomorrow.

p.b said:
blackrat said:
Got some bad news this morning.......the dreaded grey card from the post office!
£26.99 to pay inc £8 handling. I gambled, I lost.

I suspect this $150 razor is going to be priced at £150 in the UK. If your total comes to less than that you're still ahead AND you have it to use tomorrow.

You're right, I make it £126 all included and I will be using it today :icon_razz:

Cheers,
BR

Tall_Paul said:
Dammit, there is far too much enabling going on here.

The one thing stopping me buying is my previous three Ikons have not worked that well for me.

Yeah - far too much. The buggers.

Unfortunately for me, I love my open comb deluxe iKon and I loved the Merkur 37c pass-round. Chaces are that this'll be perfect for me. I'm just relying on will-power...

p.b said:
Tall_Paul said:
Dammit, there is far too much enabling going on here.

The one thing stopping me buying is my previous three Ikons have not worked that well for me.

Yeah - far too much. The buggers.

Unfortunately for me, I love my open comb deluxe iKon and I loved the Merkur 37c pass-round. Chaces are that this'll be perfect for me. I'm just relying on will-power...

If that's the same Will Power I know then he's not much use!
At least I know to look out for the grey card hopefully I'll intercept it before shhh you know who:icon_razz:

4ipq.jpg

Here it is, time for a shave.

Cheers,
BR

Tall_Paul said:

Hey buddy (said in my best David Letterman voice),

It seems to me that after so many duds, you are due for a change of luck........a major one. Yep, the law of averages is firmly in your corner now!!

If I was you, I would plan on this new slant being the bestest razor you have ever used. Matter of fact, knowing how you like having some arsenal peace of mind, I would suggest buying a back up Ikon right now! This will save you anguish in the future........trust me on that.

So very glad to offer my input into your shaving happiness,

Mart

P.S. You better hurry before Carl buys em all.

Johnnie Stark said:
In fact, I was blown away by the shave, which was as quirky an experience as the appearance of the head suggested it would be. For one, I've never experienced feedback from a razor quite like it. The sound was very loud and, well, strange! Perhaps the bend of the blade produced this peculiar "singing". I assure you, this will be a totally new sound to you.

Wow, you weren't joking. The sound was um well like nothing my other razors do, sort of sounded like running your fingertips across the edges of thin sheets of paper and quite loud with it.

I also used a new feather, together with TOBS St James Luxury cream with Eton College A/S. Very nice shave and my first BBS in a week.

If you are considering this razor, I would say its worth the money. The main difference to my Merkur Sledgehammer are the fine tolerances. With my Merkur there is space for the blade to rotate a small amount when you are fitting it. In the Ikon there appears no room to move. This hopefully means I will be able to repeat the quality of the shave every time.

Cheers,
BR

Tall_Paul said:

Not only in Martin's last point valid but you ain't using your noggin!! Now is the very time to buy - while everyone is going gung-ho about these razors. You buy one, don't like it and guess what - there will never be a time easier to sell it on. It's already this side of the pond. You would be buying in a risk free environment! Now is the time! Just do it! You know you want to! And besides - you're worth it!

dodgy said:
Tall_Paul said:

Hey buddy (said in my best David Letterman voice),

It seems to me that after so many duds, you are due for a change of luck........a major one. Yep, the law of averages is firmly in your corner now!!

If I was you, I would plan on this new slant being the bestest razor you have ever used. Matter of fact, knowing how you like having some arsenal peace of mind, I would suggest buying a back up Ikon right now! This will save you anguish in the future........trust me on that.

So very glad to offer my input into your shaving happiness,

Mart

P.S. You better hurry before Carl buys em all.

Mart

I like the cut of your jib.

Perhaps we could perform a joint purchase when you order your Cobra?

Whaddya reckon huh?

Damn it, I can't resist this kind of enabling. I've just ordered a UFO handle because of a thread like this. :icon_mrgreen:

You guys are the best! I can blame you for the piles of shaving gear I have.

Back
Top Bottom