Ikon Slant

tonyspurs said:
Bloody enablers:icon_razz:

Yeah I agree, they're costing me a fortune. Can't wait for it to turn up, had a nice email from Bullgoose thanking me for my custom and another to show it had been sent, plus a tracking number. So far so good.

Cheers,
BR

Note: To any one interested in a slant head only Phil @ Bullgoose has put a limited amount up for sale for $101.00 + shipping. Phil says when they are gone they are gone and in the future only complete razors will be sold.

slantman said:
Note: To any one interested in a slant head only Phil @ Bullgoose has put a limited amount up for sale for $101.00 + shipping. Phil says when they are gone they are gone and in the future only complete razors will be sold.

Thanks for the heads up. Finally ordered one, here's hoping I don't get hit with customs charges.

NNathwani said:
slantman said:

Thanks for the heads up. Finally ordered one, here's hoping I don't get hit with customs charges.

Living in the US I never think of that but maybe you will be lucky.

blackrat said:
Wish I'd waited now.

BR

I got the head only but directly from iKon and it was shipped from New York. Now I notice iKon is on holiday for several weeks and selling nothing from his website. I can't understand why Connaught doesn't have any slants.

For a brief moment yesterday Phil sold heads only, they where gone in the blink of a eye. A friend in the US picked one up and I should get it in the coming weeks, he's going to try it out himself first.

Should have read the update more carefully, I paid for a full razor. The discount was for the head only. Feeling much better, just got to dodge the taxman now :icon_lol:

Finally took delivery of my slant which I ordered from Shavenation. First impressions....wow. No photo I've seen really does it justice. A quality piece of real craftsmanship. Makes the standard bulldog handle look, well, a little dainty. Unfortunately I'm recovering from a pretty nasty little bug at the moment so I probably won't get chance to use it for a couple of days, but at least by then I'll have a decent amount of growth to go at with it. It certainly looks like it means business.

Took possession of my Ikon Slant yesterday. I was very impressed by the look of this razor. It has real heft and the quirkiest head you'll ever see. I loaded it with a Feather blade, lathered up with Proraso cream and set about my two-day's growth. My beard is moderately thick and I was very impressed with this razor. In fact, I was blown away by the shave, which was as quirky an experience as the appearance of the head suggested it would be. For one, I've never experienced feedback from a razor quite like it. The sound was very loud and, well, strange! Perhaps the bend of the blade produced this peculiar "singing". I assure you, this will be a totally new sound to you.

I did three passes and was hugely impressed with the results. BBS on my face AND neck. I recently sold all my DE razors because they couldn't compare with my Cobra Classic. This DE razor is a game-changer though. Without doubt, that was the closest shave I've had with a DE. One thing that surprised me was the nasty weeper I got on my neck, behind the jaw line, when I did a XTG pass. I've never had a weeper from my Cobra. With the Cobra I don't need to pay much attention and assumed I could be as cavalier with the Slant. Big mistake.

If you are wondering whether to take the plunge on this razor, I'd say go for it. The original head will provide you with a truly unique shaving experience.

I had my first shave with my new iKon slant this morning. I used a feather blade which I had previously used twice. As many have said the audible feedback is extraordinary! Far from ideal conditions in a hotel bathroom, face lathering with TOBS Sandalwood and an ES Turnback. Not my usual meticulous prep and it showed!

I nicked myself on the chin but that was just carelessness! I think it is about as good as my Cobra but much more forgiving. I really like the weight and heft of it. It feels good in the hand! Like any aggressive razor it needs to be handled with care and will bite back if you are not concentrating!

Three passes and very impressed with the results.!

David

My Slant turned up today bang on the 10 days Phil at Bullgoose said it would take. Can't add much to the above reviews, this is a great razor don't think about it, just get one :)

my slant has been sat waiting for me for 2 weeks today is the day i get to use it

iam like a kid at xmas

3 days growth for mr slant to remove
lets see how good this baby is

but what blade any suggestings ???
i have virtual every blade known to man according to the wife lol

roll on 4pm ish

blackrat said:
tonyspurs said:
Bloody enablers:icon_razz:

Yeah I agree, they're costing me a fortune. Can't wait for it to turn up, had a nice email from Bullgoose thanking me for my custom and another to show it had been sent, plus a tracking number. So far so good.

Cheers,
BR

Got some bad news this morning.......the dreaded grey card from the post office!
£26.99 to pay inc £8 handling. I gambled, I lost.

Really looking forward to getting it though, will trundle down the post office this morning and pay the ransom to free my razor.

Looks like a mid morning shave for me :cool:

Oh, and just to add great service from Bullgoose shaving.

Cheers,
BR

Back
Top Bottom