I going to try giving up smoking...Again

Stop thinking about it! Distract yourself. Paint some sticky numbers or some'at.
I HAVE been painting numbers on things...Unfortunately,they were not as 'sticky' as I would of liked!.....Day 7,still all good!,I went to Poundland this morning,and apart from all the Christmas shite,Mrs DT wanted,I grabbed some 88 Vape E-Liquid.a menthol one,and a fruit salad style one....
WOW!.much nicer than the expensive JAC Vapour 'tobacco' flavoured ones,that dont taste like Golden Virgina what so ever!,and only a quid each!....
Happy days!

Poundland, a quid each? Go figure. Are you sure 88 Vape E-Liquid is fit for human lungs? Is it like our shaving soap with EU approval or an untested foreign import? No proper cigs still? Good man!

Poundland, a quid each? Go figure. Are you sure 88 Vape E-Liquid is fit for human lungs? Is it like our shaving soap with EU approval or an untested foreign import? No proper cigs still? Good man!
It is not actually that bad!,it says it is made with all natural ingredients.....Is arsenic natural?...:D
Still have not had a real one,and hardly puffing on the e-cig too,so all is going well.Not even having the 'urge' for a real one now!.

I don't know why people carp on about nicotine being 'bad' for you. Nicotine is not a carcinogen. It's all the other crap in cigs that will kill a person.

Might as well rage against caffine then, as it and nicotine share the exact same health risks.

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine. The 'cold turkey' folks annoy me too. I don't and didn't want to quit smoking. I always found it an enjoyable routine. Vaping lets me keep the routine without all the health risks. Truly a case of having one's cake and eating it too. :D

Well, I did it cold turkey so sorry if that annoys you, PoM. Reason being is that was how I gave up drink so I applied the same ethos to giving up smoking. Worked for me, won't work for others.

Anyhoo, this ain't about me so hat's off to Doc T for getting this far. Well done indeed, sir!!! :D

A' the best and keep at it.

People who quit cold turkey don't annoy me. It's the ones who insist that since they quit cold turkey, anyone can.

Here's the thing, some people are addicted to the nicotine, some are addicted to the MAOI's in tobacco, and some are addicted to both. If a person is only addicted to the nicotine, three days of tobacco abstinence is enough to break the habit. If you are addicted to the MAOI's or the MAOI's and nicotine, it's much, much harder to break the cycle.

Add in the hand to mouth habit, and things get even rougher. There are special e-liquids for people with MAOI addiction, called WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) e-liquids. Those contain the full spectrum of tobacco alkaloids, not just the nicotine (major alkaloid) that makes up 95% of the alkaloid content in cigarettes.

If you quit smoking, picked up vaping, and still find yourself craving 'something more,' it's a good sign that you are also addicted to the anti-deppressants (MAOI) in cigarettes.

Sorry for the long winded technical post. Most people don't care about or understand this stuff.

People who quit cold turkey don't annoy me. It's the ones who insist that since they quit cold turkey, anyone can.

Here's the thing, some people are addicted to the nicotine, some are addicted to the MAOI's in tobacco, and some are addicted to both. If a person is only addicted to the nicotine, three days of tobacco abstinence is enough to break the habit. If you are addicted to the MAOI's or the MAOI's and nicotine, it's much, much harder to break the cycle.

Add in the hand to mouth habit, and things get even rougher. There are special e-liquids for people with MAOI addiction, called WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) e-liquids. Those contain the full spectrum of tobacco alkaloids, not just the nicotine (major alkaloid) that makes up 95% of the alkaloid content in cigarettes.

If you quit smoking, picked up vaping, and still find yourself craving 'something more,' it's a good sign that you are also addicted to the anti-deppressants (MAOI) in cigarettes.

Sorry for the long winded technical post. Most people don't care about or understand this stuff.
Completely agree with all of the above.

But the other thing that gets overlooked is the simple fact that like me, some people just enjoyed smoking, many smokers will say "first ciggy of the day,that's the best one", that's the addiction to whatever, but for me every Marlboro was as good as the last.

The hand to mouth and holding habit were difficult too but the main thing for me was the nicotine and routine of relief. The MAOI thing I never knew about till now and although I do not doubt you and have looked this info up online, it does surprise me. I've taken SSRIs in one form or another for nine years and for some of that period, I was an active smoker. MAOIs and SSRIs do not get on within the human body as I'm sure you know so I must inevitably conclude that the MAOI levels in tobacco cannot be particularly high, are in a form that react much less with SSRIs or my health was being impacted even more by smoking would have been usual. Interesting stuff and I guess I'll never know how much extra damage this was casuing me so I'm all the more relieved that I quit and more determined not to give in.

Back
Top Bottom