hot or cold water?

lukewarm is best for some reason with cella. Anything but lukewarm I cant get a lather from it.

However, erasmic, Williams, La Toja LOVE hot water.

I use hot water from beginning to end of my shave. When I lived in Hong Kong where it is very hot and humid and where we didn't air condition the bathroom, however, I used only cold water; I found that hot water did not give me a smooth well lubricated shave because of the heat and humidity, whereas cold water did.

First ever cold water shave done. P&B Denali, mongoose with feather pro and a sink full of ice cold water. No shower, just cold water face wash and cold flannel.
First things first, lathering with cold water is a pain, pointless and the lather results suck compared to hot water. I'd lather hot and let it cool.
The shave was irritation free but not as close or as efficient as my usual hot water routine. In fact much less irritation, especially on my neck. I think the lack of stubble softening is the reason efficiency was down. Very refreshing though and I'd do it again, especially abroad in hot weather. The cold steel was a nice feeling and easier to feel the blade and angle.

I've read about people using cold and thought it was a mistake. I have never actually thought to try cold water! Always thought warm water was better for you, so have just stuck with that, but I finish with cold.

Will be trying cold from start to finish for a change to see the difference and will report back.

Back
Top Bottom