hot or cold water?

I remember trying cold back when I was still getting my technique down and it did seem to help. As I've got better though and worked out what works for me I've gone back to warm water shave with cold splash afterwards.

I may well revisit cold - in fact Nuke's method above with the soap and brush getting warm water treatment appeals to me while actually shaving cold appeals to me.

What i do is fill the sink with hot water and leave my brush in it to soak. I then jump in the shower.
By the time i get out and have dried myself the water in the sink is luke warm.

I find this better for me as hot water leaves me with more irritation. I need to shave everyday for work.

I know I'm being redundant but I switched to C.W. about 8 weeks ago after reading about this on various forums. It took a few days to adjust to the temp change but this has all but eliminated any irritation and razor burn for me. I do 3 passes daily plus touch up's and have yet to experienced any discomfort. Give it a try it really works.

I know I'm being redundant but I switched to C.W. about 8 weeks ago after reading about this on various forums. It took a few days to adjust to the temp change but this has all but eliminated any irritation and razor burn for me. I do 3 passes daily plus touch up's and have yet to experienced any discomfort. Give it a try it really works.
Welcome to the club :)

used to do the hot water, hot towel, warm lather thing, and my face felt like i'd attacked it with a strimmer, switched to cold water, bliss!!, never going back to hot water.

Only cold water for me this week due to the warm weather. Find it much more refreshing, especially with metholated creams and aftershaves.

During the spring/autumn/winter I shave with lukewarm water. Hot water always leaves my face blotchy and red.

Back
Top Bottom