Executive Shaving - Braveheart SS

My Braveheart head arrived safely, and has had its first outing.

I had planned to team it up with a very heavy handle I currently use on my ATT Atlas R1, in place of the "issue" Atlas handle.

However, a quick look at the gap with a Sputnik blade in, suggested that a lot of extra weight is not required; and I used the Atlas handle instead.

It is as aggressive as stated, and isn't a head to use without due care on a bleary-eyed morning. That said, with a Vie-Long badger/horsehair brush, and plenty of mug-whipped soap from a Barbiere di Figaro sample, it was a two-pass job, and surprisingly smooth. Speick balm to finish, and no rawness.

It's a nice head, and although I generally shave daily, will certainly be a good choice for any missed day's growth, as well as for normal use in rotation.

My first outing with the Braveheart I won in the competition thread this morning.

My first Steel handle razor and my first (new? different?) closed comb in quite a while.

Quite a revelation! The weight was the first thing to catch my attention, I have nothing else like it in my small collection and was curious to see how it handled.
Loaded a Gillette Silver Blue - its a sample pack and I always try and work through the whole pack to get a proper feel of the blades.

A two pass WTG workaday special later...

Handling is very responsive, just let the weight of the handle move everything around.
Audible feedback is pronounced and helpful.
The shave itself was smooth and close with very little burn though it felt 'aggressive'.
Only one slice on my chin, which was carelessness on my part and intolerance on the Braveheart's.
All in all a very impressive first shave - a very similar shaving experience to a 37C to me both for results and ease of use. Maybe the 37C wins on ease of shave but the BH might just win on the closeness - time will tell.
Very impressive to match my favourite 37C though and I look forward to getting to know it properly.
C

I have purchased the brave heart head,it's a nice razor paired with a EJ handle.The best blades I have used in it so far are:- Gillette silver blue's & Astra green.Gerry is spot on with his description

Exostar60 said:
I have purchased the brave heart head,it's a nice razor paired with a EJ handle.The best blades I have used in it so far are:- Gillette silver blue's & Astra green.Gerry is spot on with his description

I've just ordered the head to pair with my EJ DE3D handle as a more aggressive option over the EJ DE head. Looking forward to it! First blade I'll try will probably be a Personna Lab Blue as this does really well in most razors for me. :D

Well, after 8 months of release, I finally acquired one last week. My daily shaver for months now has been the R41 (2013), which I now love after an initial argumentative relationship!

I've read that the Braveheart isn't as aggressive, so was expecting a pussycat. It isn't! I've been using it for a week now, and have also fallen in love with this too. It's a heavy, quality head, very shiny, good thick chrome, and blemish free. I've paired it up with an EJ 'barley' handle, and the combination is well weighted, with good balance.

The actual shave is really smooth, you can hear the rasping as it slices through your whiskers, not as pronounced as an SE blade, but still noticeable. I have a tough old beard, so never get away with less than a 3 x pass shave, but coupled with my favourite 'Rhino' blade, 3 passes with minimal tidy up gives every bit as good a BBS shave as my R41.

I picked up the head very reasonably here, and would highly recommend it. I'm not so sure it's worth the full price with the OE handle, but if you've got the dosh, you'll not be disappointed in the shave...

I have been using the head for some four months now. It gives really good close comfortable shaves. While not in the Futur or Matador Toro Mastiff aggressive class, it's reasonably aggressive. I find it works best with either a Polsilver Super Iridium or Rapira Swedish Steel.

StephenShave said:
Well, after 8 months of release, I finally acquired one last week. My daily shaver for months now has been the R41 (2013), which I now love after an initial argumentative relationship!

I've read that the Braveheart isn't as aggressive, so was expecting a pussycat. It isn't! I've been using it for a week now, and have also fallen in love with this too. It's a heavy, quality head, very shiny, good thick chrome, and blemish free. I've paired it up with an EJ 'barley' handle, and the combination is well weighted, with good balance.

The actual shave is really smooth, you can hear the rasping as it slices through your whiskers, not as pronounced as an SE blade, but still noticeable. I have a tough old beard, so never get away with less than a 3 x pass shave, but coupled with my favourite 'Rhino' blade, 3 passes with minimal tidy up gives every bit as good a BBS shave as my R41.

I picked up the head very reasonably here, and would highly recommend it. I'm not so sure it's worth the full price with the OE handle, but if you've got the dosh, you'll not be disappointed in the shave...

Glad your getting on so well with it! Was just to aggressive for me and would see little use. I'm almost a one horse now with my progress but still love my weber.

zygalski said:
I just ordered the head for £18 on ebay.

Just for the record, the current price of the head direct from Executive is £15 + £3.99 P&P (Yes, I know, P&P is a killer on such a small item!), so ordering it off their shop on Ebay is a worthy 99p saving...

StephenShave said:
zygalski said:

Just for the record, the current price of the head direct from Executive is £15 + £3.99 P&P (Yes, I know, P&P is a killer on such a small item!), so ordering it off their shop on Ebay is a worthy 99p saving...

Not forgetting the 10% discount we get as well.

mattyb240 said:
StephenShave said:
zygalski said:

Not forgetting the 10% discount we get as well.

Bugger!! I totally forgot! That means it is 51p cheaper ordering direct from their web site rather than Ebay...

Back
Top Bottom