Executive Shaving - Braveheart SS

Been using the Braveheart for a while now and fantastic it most certainly is. Use mine with an iKon Bulldog handle. The Braveheart head is pretty much identical to the Parker 89R head to my mind, with the exception of the Made in India stamp found on the Parker.

SAM_0919_zps98da56b8.jpg

SAM_0920_zpsb64aa06e.jpg

SAM_0923_zpsb5ec941a.jpg

SAM_0925_zps49dd7584.jpg

SAM_0921_zps7e4bc179.jpg

The guy serving me confirmed it is a Parker head,he didn't say which one,but it does look like the one pictured above. I used mine for the first time last night,and boy it's good,loaded with a new Astra SP I could feel its aggressiveness straight away on my 2 days growth so went very slowly and carefully,3 passes later and my skin was bbs,managing not to draw blood in the process. Left with a little more irritation than usual,especially around my neck and chin, but that's probably down to me getting used to it more than anything else. It's early days yet but on first impressions this one gets the thumbs up from me.

Got the Braveheart handle for Christmas. Disappointed to find it doesn't fit my Ikon 102 head even though the description on the ES web site states that it fits Ikon heads.

On holiday at the moment and only have two heads with me, a Pearl OC and the Ikon 102. It fits the Pearl ok. Interestingly I have the lovely satin stainless steel handle from Shaving.ie with me and that handle fits both heads. Odd.

Quite pricey as well and I don't think the finish is as nice as the one from Shaving.ie.

What do you think to the 101? I'm thinking of picking one up. I love the 102 slant.

Captain Bb said:
The only iKon head I have left is a Shavecraft 101 and I believe the Braveheart handle did fit that. Sold my OSS and Slant a while back, so did not get to try it with those.

stellablade said:
What do you think to the 101? I'm thinking of picking one up. I love the 102 slant.

Captain Bb said:
The only iKon head I have left is a Shavecraft 101 and I believe the Braveheart handle did fit that. Sold my OSS and Slant a while back, so did not get to try it with those.

They're very different. I find the 101 is a nice but not especially efficient razor, and I haven't yet worked out which side works best for me.

The 102 is quite new for me, but it's one of those "love at first sight and use" razors. Mild, yet highly effective does it for me.

I find both sides of the 101 to be about the same, so just use it like any other razor and use both sides in no particular order. I do find it a nice shaver though and like it a lot. I use mine with my old OSS handle, that I cut down to 85mm on a lathe so it feels more like a bulldog.

DSC_0272_zps1692150c.jpg

I used my Parker travel razor for the first time since the summer holidays today, and had a 'wow' shave, two pass BBS. It was only then it clicked with me that I had read about the travel razor in glowing terms and not realised it. The Braveheart head is used it that model too, coupled with a fairly weighty two piece handle. For £23 it might be worth a punt folks.

Picked up the 101 on here. Only had two shaves but I really like it so far. I use an R41 and Pearl OC regularly, both aggressive, and while the 101 isn't as aggressive I find it very efficient and no less effective. I seem to get a BBS with the 101 in the same time as I do with the other razors I mentioned. It has that same smooth feeling that the 102 has, perhaps down to the materials used.

Ferrum said:
They're very different. I find the 101 is a nice but not especially efficient razor, and I haven't yet worked out which side works best for me.

Back
Top Bottom