Executive Shaving - Braveheart SS

Anyone plan on taking one for the team... buying and writing a review -

http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/executive-shaving-braveheart-stainless-steel-handle-safety-razor.php?utm_source=Braveheart+razor+email&utm_campaign=The+BRaveheart+Safety+Razor+Email&utm_medium=email

I quite like the handle tbh. But the head troubles me - Indian Parker or Chinese Merkur-style knock off? I don't mean to cast aspersions or be rude as I find Executive Shaving one of the best retailers.

It doesn't say much about the head in the description... I'm assuming it too is stainless steel.

In fact... this is a little worrying -

"The Braveheart Stainless Steel Handle Safety Razor"

Bob said:
Nothing said about the head, very suspicious.

"Suspicious" would, surely, be when it was claimed to be something it isn't. The web-site description is at pains to describe the HANDLE as stainless steel and clearly does not include the head in that description.

I would say that there is no intent to deceive!

As I said, it looked to me like a chrome head and I didn't ask about its antecedents.

At the price point, stainless handle with chromed head would be about right.

My heart sank when I received their email today informing of this new razor - I keep meaning to 'unsubscribe' to their emails as they always make me feel weak at the knees with desires I'd not have otherwise!

I love the look of this razor, but at £65, it does seem a little steep, unless I read a future review telling us how wonderful it all is!

prod-9742-250-250.jpg

globalm said:
JB74 - Would you be interested in me buying one and sending you the head as I want a handle?

TBH I was hoping for it to be a SS head.

If you want just a SS handle templ8 is the man to talk to. He's not taking any orders until he upgrades his workshop, but he does some lovely work and very reasonable prices.

Guys I can absolutely guarantee that the head is not Chinese. We sourced the heads from a very well know and well regarded manufacturer.
The heads are fairly aggressive shavers but not R41 aggressive.
The handles are lathe turned and take an hour to make, hence the cost.
The website description clearly does not imply the head is stainless steel, the head is chrome plated.
I hope this clarifies matters for you.
Best, Brian Mulreany
Sales Director
Executive Shaving.
PS Gerry is my middle name and user name.

from a previous Executive Shaving Facebook posting:

"The razor handle is made from 303 Grade Stainless Steel, the head is Chrome Plated Brass. Expect a Medium-Aggressive shave, marginally more aggressive than a Merkur 34, Muhle R89 and EJ89."

Brian / Gerry,
when will the head only be available?

Back
Top Bottom