Tall_Paul said:
joe mcclaine said:

With a flake

And sprinkles

And nuts

And juice

Monkey blood I hope.

Raspberry all the way.

A while back I looked up what that 99 thing is. Ok, it's pretty cute as a kid I would think. The 'ice cream' sounds a little sketchy, plus the coating on that Flake thing is what exactly? Some sort of tasty carob product? The cone itself looks pretty good, although isn't that too crunchy? Too much texture?

So when I was a kid you had the Good Humor Man. These guys had great ice cream stuff the stores didn't carry, but they were only around for the summer. Some would drive around, and others would stake out a street corner and go back to it for years. There was one not a far drive from my house, so you could always grab something like the Strawberry Shortcake or Toasted Almond bars.

Always men, dressed in while uniforms.

Here:

Attachments

• 1926216_Good-Humor-Man-in-York-1_400.jpg
    1926216_Good-Humor-Man-in-York-1_400.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 11
We have a lost in translation issue here, Marty. Now, your "proper" Yiddish CBH would be a brisket ... while mine is from proper Bully Beef, which we happen to call corned beef ... even though I know and you know Bully Beef ain't corned beef, not by a long stretch.

I did make my own "proper" corned beef once and it was very good.

So, back to Bully Beef ... okay, it was a Bully Beef Hash, but since we Brits label the stuff Corned Beef, it was a Corned Beef Hash. Which we are very much allowed to put relish on ... Henderson's is a bit like Worcestershire Sauce, but better.

How's the Rabbi? Has he stopped frowning now?

Tonight's Kreplach was bloomin' lovely ... more so with a good lathering of Brown Sauce :D

I jest ... it was Smoked Haddock & Sloppy Mash:

%255BPaleo%252B%255D%2520Smoked%2520Haddock%2520%2526%2520Sloppy%2520Mash..JPG

... just back from fencing, so currently drink a pint of protein powder, eaten a couple of boiled eggs and now I'm thinking about hitting the cheese.

Tall_Paul said:
Just finished a hot Corned Beef Hash.

Not the same without being doused in Hendersons Relish of course!
[/quote]

I am not looking up what that relish is made of. I like you Paul, but some of your eating habits are pretty odd. Even you have to admit this!

Being a Chosen One, I can tell you CBH is sacred stuff for the yids!! It's a national dish......kinda like what Scotch Eggs/haggis or UK mushy peas or bubble and squeak would be.

I cannot think of any relish for the Hash.....no appropriate ones anyway. I can only think it would somehow be breaking an ancient taboo and would certainly make any rabbi frown just thinking about it. Be careful where you go here.

I will pretend you didn't type that,

Mart

The earlier deleted above post is what the normal sized Paul was responding to......giving me some kinda goyim double talk. The sauce was one I could see trying. At least it's not sweet and green looking, with small chunks of sweet pickle mixed in. Oh yeah, I forgot the national main ingredient. A LOT of that crazy yellow Limey mustard. None of that either.....it would be a shonda.
[
[/quote]

How tall is Tall Paul? I'm 6'3" ... if he's taller, he's Tall Paul and I'm slightly taller than normal sized Paul ... if he's shorter, I'm tall Paul, but he's still Tall Paul :D

I'm lost now ... Mart, you've forced a space/time continuum issue in the thread. I'm backing away. I've seen Back to the Future. It gets complicated.

dodgy said:
pjgh said:
How tall is Tall Paul? I

It's tough to figure out his height. Many of the members think he's pretty short, and that even in full puffery mode, he barely tops out at 5 foot 3 inches.

Damn, you've got me to rights again Mart. Fortunately with the aid of some Cuban heels with some nifty lifts inside and a large top hat (to go with my cane) it makes me appear to be 6 ft 6.

Hot diggity.

BTW - Hendersons Relish is the nectar of the gods. I'm not sending you any though, it's a crime to smuggle it out of South Yorkshire.

Tall_Paul said:
dodgy said:
pjgh said:
How tall is Tall Paul? I

It's tough to figure out his height. Many of the members think he's pretty short, and that even in full puffery mode, he barely tops out at 5 foot 3 inches.

Damn, you've got me to rights again Mart. Fortunately with the aid of some Cuban heels with some nifty lifts inside and a large top hat (to go with my cane) it makes me appear to be 6 ft 6.

Hot diggity.

BTW - Hendersons Relish is the nectar of the gods. I'm not sending you any though, it's a crime to smuggle it out of South Yorkshire.

Hahaha, that's pretty funny! The idea of some UK based food product being coveted in any way.....you do make me smile. I believe you mean that under US law, the sauce wouldn't be allowed in the Country. Also, no diggities are getting in.....neither hot ones or cold. Ok, I keed (said in my best Triumph the Dog voice). To be fair, those Breakaway cookies were pretty good.

Also, don't you still have your old 'Tallest man in the World' stilts and pants from working in the sideshow years ago? I think you mentioned that Tall Paul was your carny name.

Mart

2 rashers
2 sausages
2 poached eggs
2 black pudding
Beans
Muffin
Freshly squeezed orange juice
Coffee

Sun is shining, no chores to do, off to watch Wexford play Dublin in Leinster Championship hurling later today in a sold out Wexford park.

Perfect.

Back
Top Bottom