Currently eating....

Beef & Tomato Pot Noodle brewing in boiling water right now. Will bin the crap sachet that it comes with and hit it with some extra red sauce from the bottle.

Chicken Liver Curry ... burp :D

DSC08284.JPG

The father dropped me out a loaf of his homemade wholemeal brown bread this morning. Ended up eating the entire loaf over the course of the day with lashings of Irish butter.

Feckin lovely stuff and very moreish. Only problem with it... major, major, major flatulence afterwards.

Hiya,

Unlike many years ago, most fruits grown somewhere or other are available year round in Chicago. Usta be things like grapes and cherries were never seen for sale in the winter.

Last year I learned about a few newer types of grapes....ones that were very fun to eat. Man, those were good but only grown in the US by one place so none till summer. Witches fingers and cotton candy varieties.

Blackberries have always been a nothing special fruit with little if any taste and rarely ever sweet. Texture can be a little mushy if you aren't careful to look for that. I pretty much gave up on those, even though I sometimes still have to buy some if they look great. Sheesh. They never do satisfy, but what the heck.

Yesterday in a store I saw a large clear container filled with the most wonderful looking and hugest blackberries I have ever seen. The largest ones of these were almost the size of my thumb.......seriously. They looked perfect too. I bought a box.

I didn't try one till last night and holy crap, it was incredible!!! Sweeter than any other I'd ever tasted, and it had an actual berry flavor! Now that was odd...a real pleasant taste to it. Texture was perfect! Heh, I ate most of a pound within a few hours. Did I mention what a kick it was seeing how big these were? Came in from Mexico from Driscoll Growers. Went back today and bought more of this amazing variety, whatever it is. Truly a blackberry epiphany.

I am gonna miss these when they're gone,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom