Currently eating....

Hiya,

I have to think that most confections made with butter and cream such as toffee and butterscotch, has a pretty good chance of being a winner. Something about the way butter tastes in candy that can't be topped.

Ok, so one thing you Limeys did well was butterscotch. I grew up eating the Callard and Bowser stuff and talk about a class act. Great presentation for sure, and the candy was the best store bought butterscotch around. Heh, there was a licorice flavor too, which I didn't understand.

I am currently working my way through a butterscotch sucker, which made me think of C&B.

Here's the extinct logo that i'd guess lots of you remember seeing. I'd bet money the air around that factory smelled pretty great when candy was being made.

Good as butterscotch is, caramel is even better. Y'all ever have fresh made caramel with no toppings? Just that unadulterated warm hit of the sugar/butter/cream rush and great because you can chew this stuff!! Get personal and kinky with it in ways butterscotch won't allow for.

Attachments

• callardbowserlogo200.jpg
    callardbowserlogo200.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 14
Late supper tonight - in the process of annihilating 2 rib eye steaks (plenty of salt and fresh ground black pepper), mash potatoes (plenty of butter) and asparagus done in balsamic vinegar.

Breakfast: Bran Flakes with semi skimmed
Lunch: Apple,orange & grapfruit
Dinner: Grilled turkey breast marinated in indian spices in a wrap with chutney

Keeping it under a 1000 calories for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom